New York — Though Adele didn't have a new album or a worldwide tour in 2012, she's still rolling. After a year of Grammy glory and James Bond soundtracking, Adele has been voted The Associated Press Entertainer of the Year.
In 132 ballots submitted by members and subscribers of the AP, Adele easily outpaced other vote-getters like Taylor Swift, "Fifty Shades of Grey" author E.L. James, the South Korean viral video star Psy and the cast of "Twilight." Editors and broadcasters were asked to cast their ballot for the person who had the most influence on entertainment and culture in 2012.
Adele's year began in triumph at the Grammys, took a turn through recording the theme to the 007 film "Skyfall," and ended with the birth of her son in October. The ubiquitous Adele was that rare thing in pop culture: an unqualified sensation, a megastar in a universe of niche hits.
By the end of the year, »
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- X Factor 2013: Grand final song choices revealed (From Digital Spy - TV news. 8 December 2013, 2:14 PM, PST)
- Adele and Boyfriend Simon Konecki Flaunt Pda at Lady Gaga Concert: See the Adorable Picture (From Us Weekly. 8 December 2013, 1:59 PM, PST)
- One Direction Outshines Paul Rudd In ‘SNL’ Skits — Watch (From HollywoodLife. 8 December 2013, 10:16 AM, PST)
- Ariana Grande: It’s Great You Apologized For Your Selena Gomez Diss (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 3:17 PM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner ‘Happier Than Ever’ On NYC Brunch Date With Harry Styles (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 2:22 PM, PST)
- 2014 Grammy Award Nominations: Snubs & Surprises! (From TooFab. 7 December 2013, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Golden Globes: 71st Ceremony to Air in More Than 160 Territories (From The Hollywood Reporter. 8 December 2013, 11:45 PM, PST)
- First Golden Globes promo: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are terrible at music (From Hitfix. 8 December 2013, 2:17 PM, PST)
- Kevin Bacon's Advice for His Daughter, Miss Golden Globe: 'Don't Trip!' (From PEOPLE.com. 8 December 2013, 11:45 AM, PST)