New York — Though Adele didn't have a new album or a worldwide tour in 2012, she's still rolling. After a year of Grammy glory and James Bond soundtracking, Adele has been voted The Associated Press Entertainer of the Year.
In 132 ballots submitted by members and subscribers of the AP, Adele easily outpaced other vote-getters like Taylor Swift, "Fifty Shades of Grey" author E.L. James, the South Korean viral video star Psy and the cast of "Twilight." Editors and broadcasters were asked to cast their ballot for the person who had the most influence on entertainment and culture in 2012.
Adele's year began in triumph at the Grammys, took a turn through recording the theme to the 007 film "Skyfall," and ended with the birth of her son in October. The ubiquitous Adele was that rare thing in pop culture: an unqualified sensation, a megastar in a universe of niche hits.
By the end of the year, »
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- Amy Winehouse Remembered with Statue on Her 31st Birthday (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 September 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Arrives in Israel Ending Concert Cancellation Curse (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 September 2014, 4:53 PM, PDT)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics! (From TooFab. 13 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- 11 Reasons Why Taylor Swift Might Be Holding a Bunch of Red Balloons in the Middle of New York City (From Vulture. 15 September 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Rosie Perez Is the Best Thing About the New View, Says People's Critic (From PEOPLE.com. 15 September 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Taylor Swift Being a Super-Fan (From Entertainment Tonight. 15 September 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Jane Fonda Flashes Drivers With Her ‘This Is Where I Leave You’ Breasts (Video) (From The Wrap. 16 September 2014, 1:47 AM, PDT)
- Box Office Final: ‘No Good Deed’ $24.2M; ‘Dolphin Tale 2′ $15.8M As ‘Guardians’ Passes $300M (From Deadline New York. 15 September 2014, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Tina Fey and Jason Bateman on what they find unfunny (From Hitfix. 15 September 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)