Author and screenwriter says sorry for suggesting The Hurt Locker director only won Oscars because she was 'a hot woman'
The author and screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis has apologised to film-maker Kathryn Bigelow for suggesting on Twitter that the director of The Hurt Locker had only won Oscars because she was "a hot woman".
Ellis, who has become well known in recent years years for his loose-lipped tweets, received a barrage of criticism from fellow users of the microblogging service after making the offending comments during a discussion about the likely winner of next year's Oscar for best film.
Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty was at the time considered an early frontrunner after picking up prizes from a succession of critics' bodies. After referencing his subject's "ok" back catalogue, Ellis wrote: "Kathryn Bigelow would be considered a mildly interesting film-maker if she was a man but since she's a very hot woman she's really overrated. »
- Ben Child
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Review: Stage Fright (From DailyDead. 17 April 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Naya Rivera -- Raged to 'Glee' Producers ... Lea Michele's Out of Control (From TMZ. 17 April 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Gary Dourdan Books Roles In ‘Being Mary Jane’ & ‘Glee’; Sammi Hanratty Set To Recur on ‘Salem’ (From Deadline TV. 16 April 2014, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- 'Transcendence' Review: 10 Things to Know About the Johnny Depp Sci-Fi Movie (From Moviefone. 17 April 2014, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford discusses 'Blade Runner 2' during rowdy Reddit Ama (From Hitfix. 15 April 2014)
- Harrison Ford Excited to Return for Blade Runner Sequel (From Worst Previews. 15 April 2014, 5:21 AM, PDT)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- Nancy Kirkpatrick Out as Lionsgate, Summit Merge Marketing Operations (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2014, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier crosses $500 million at the global box office (From Flickeringmyth. 17 April 2014, 3:10 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner to Narrate History's The World Wars (From Comingsoon.net. 16 April 2014)