Author and screenwriter says sorry for suggesting The Hurt Locker director only won Oscars because she was 'a hot woman'
The author and screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis has apologised to film-maker Kathryn Bigelow for suggesting on Twitter that the director of The Hurt Locker had only won Oscars because she was "a hot woman".
Ellis, who has become well known in recent years years for his loose-lipped tweets, received a barrage of criticism from fellow users of the microblogging service after making the offending comments during a discussion about the likely winner of next year's Oscar for best film.
Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty was at the time considered an early frontrunner after picking up prizes from a succession of critics' bodies. After referencing his subject's "ok" back catalogue, Ellis wrote: "Kathryn Bigelow would be considered a mildly interesting film-maker if she was a man but since she's a very hot woman she's really overrated. »
- Ben Child
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- 20th Century Fox loses appeal in Glee trademark row (From The Guardian - TV News. 8 February 2016, 11:57 AM, PST)
- Ben Vereen Joins Fox's Rocky Horror: Broadway Vet to Play Dr. Everett Scott (From TVLine.com. 5 February 2016, 12:33 PM, PST)
- ‘Glee’ Star Amber Riley Cast as Effie in West End Production of ‘Dreamgirls’ (From The Wrap. 4 February 2016, 9:29 PM, PST)
- Director's attachment announced for Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant (From IF.com.au. 7 February 2016, 5:07 PM, PST)
- The Martian Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 6 February 2016, 9:05 AM, PST)
- Variety’s Artisans Award Recipients at Santa Barbara Film Festival Announced (From Variety - Film News. 5 February 2016, 3:43 PM, PST)
Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- Dakota Johnson Does "The Edit" (From SneakPeek. 8 February 2016, 4:07 PM, PST)
- 42 Times Jamie Dornan Was Tastier Than Any Valentine’s Day Chocolate (From BuzzSugar. 8 February 2016, 3:45 PM, PST)
- These Steamy Photos of Jamie Dornan's Sexy Body Will Have You Reaching For a Fan (From Popsugar. 8 February 2016, 11:35 AM, PST)