Crafting a Top 10 Movies of the Year list always presents a little bit of a conundrum: Do you include the greatest films created, technically and artistically speaking, or do you go with the ones you simply enjoyed the most? It's the "best" versus "favorite" argument.
I tend to lean toward the latter and highlight the movies that had the most emotional impact on me, be it through laughter, shock, thrills or tears.
Maybe it also helps to give less heralded movies some shine. "Argo" is probably a better film than "Ruby Sparks." But honestly, I enjoyed "Ruby Sparks" more. "Argo" will be on everyone else's list, and you may not have heard of "Ruby Sparks" or "Searching for Sugar Man," movies you'd probably really like.
So here are my 10 favorite movies of the year. And hey, at least I can always cheat with some Honorable Mentions. "Argo" made it there. »
- Kevin Polowy
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Jurassic World 2 Producer Talks Bigger, Better Dinosaur Scenes (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Steven Spielberg’s Short War Film ‘Escape to Nowhere’ From 1961 (From Indiewire. 29 July 2016, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou (From Deadline. 29 July 2016, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Michael Bay Shows Off Behind-The-Scenes In Latest Transformers: The Last Knight Set Video (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2016, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Michael Bay Takes Fans Behind The Scenes Of Transformers: The Last Knight With His Selfie Stick (From LatinoReview. 28 July 2016, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Michael Bay shares image of Onslaught from Transformers: The Last Knight (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 8:44 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight (2008)
- Jared Leto: Playing the Joker in Suicide Squad 'Was a Role of a Lifetime' (From PEOPLE.com. 29 July 2016, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Suicide Squad': Director David Ayer on Creating a New Joker (From Rolling Stone. 29 July 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Jared Leto on succeeding Heath Ledger as The Joker in Suicide Squad (From Flickeringmyth. 29 July 2016, 8:20 AM, PDT)