Chicago – “The Odd Life of Timothy Green” is the sort of extravagantly wrong-headed misfire that perhaps only could’ve been made by talented people. The director is Peter Hedges, an accomplished screenwriter best known for adapting his excellent book, “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape,” for the big screen. The ensemble cast reads like a roll call of America’s most reliable character actors.
What went wrong? Oh, where to begin? It appears as if Hedges had set out to construct a heartwarming family drama out of increasingly uncomfortable, squirm-inducing scenarios. Consider the multitude of moments in which goggle-eyed adults ask a child if they can touch him and he happily complies. Or the scene where that same creepy kid draws a startlingly sexy portrait of an old curmudgeon. Or how about all of those times when the saintly brat just stands there smiling for no apparent reason.
Blu-ray Rating: 1.5/5.0
Meet the extremely odd Timothy Green, »
- email@example.com (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsJennifer Garner (I)
- Jennifer Garner's Sophisticated Cape Is the Evening Jacket Your Fall Wardrobe Is Missing (From E! Online. 27 October 2016, 9:46 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Garner Shares How She Teaches Her Children Values (From E! Online. 26 October 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Bridgit Mendler Wears Forever 21 on the Red Carpet and Looks Like a Million Bucks (From E! Online. 26 October 2016, 11:36 AM, PDT)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Animals Steal the Show in Outlander’s Season 2 Bloopers — Watch the Hilarious Reel! (From PEOPLE.com. 28 October 2016, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Inside Mariah Carey and James Packer’s Relationship: From Early Sizzle to the Final Fizzle (From PEOPLE.com. 28 October 2016, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Brielle Biermann Would Get Engaged to New Love Michael Kopech ‘Tomorrow’ (From PEOPLE.com. 28 October 2016, 7:54 AM, PDT)
- Allied, Split, Billy Lynn and more cover our weekly round-up (From Cineplex. 28 October 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- How Believable Was Loving’s Joel Edgerton? Star Reveals Couple’s Real-Life Daughter Called Him ‘Daddy’ (From PEOPLE.com. 27 October 2016, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- ‘Loving’: How Filmmaker Jeff Nichols Hopes His Film Can Help the Equality Conversation (From Indiewire. 27 October 2016, 3:05 PM, PDT)