Sam Riley ("Control," "Brighton Rock") has signed on to play British playwright Christopher Marlowe in "A Dead Man in Deptford" for Ballpark Prods. and Neversink Prods. according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on Anthony Burgess' novel, the story plays on the idea that notorious bar room brawler Marlowe was also a royal spy for Elizabeth I, and that his death at age 29 may have been an assassination ordered by the English Secret Service.
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsRay Winstone (I)
- ‘Thor Ragnarok’ Review: Dir. Taika Waititi (2017) (From The Hollywood News. 19 October 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Tim Roth on 'Tin Star,' Tarantino and Tupac (From Rolling Stone. 29 September 2017, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- The Films of Darren Aronofsky Ranked, From Worst to Best (From Indiewire. 14 September 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
Sam Riley (II)
- ‘Free Fire’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 7 August 2017, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Review: Free Fire (2017) (From The Cultural Post. 4 August 2017, 7:25 PM, PDT)
- Free Fire: Sharlto Copley Plays With Guns, Fire And Crazy South African Accent (From LRM Online. 26 July 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- The Scariest Serial Killers on TV, According to Critics — IndieWire Survey (From Indiewire Television. 17 October 2017, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- The Scariest Serial Killers on TV, According to Critics — IndieWire Survey (From Indiewire. 17 October 2017, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Churchill (From Trailers from Hell. 30 September 2017, 7:09 AM, PDT)