Since his award winning success playing Ian Curtis in Control, West Yorkshire born Sam Riley has only had one film released (last year's Franklyn). All that looks set to change with the news (via The Hollywood Reporter) that he has accepted the role of the Elizabethan playwright Christopher Marlowe in A Dead Man In Deptford. James Purefoy, Ray Winstone, Ed Speleers and Adam Sinclair will also feature in the film adapted from a novel by A Clockwork Orange writer Anthony Burgess.
Marlowe - one of the originators of blank verse drama and Shakespeare's greatest contemporary - was something of a shady characters and rumours since his death (he was murdered during a brawl in Deptford 1593) have pointed towards him being, among other things, a government spy, a heretic and a homosexual.
Riley is currently in Toronto for the first presentation of his latest film - an all-star remake of the »
Similar News ItemsOn the Road (2012)
- Interview with Double Date Director Benjamin Barfoot (From The Hollywood News. 14 October 2017, 3:13 AM, PDT)
- AwesomenessTV’s DreamWorksTV Lands Television Deal With Diy-Focused Series (From Tubefilter News. 10 October 2017, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- Niall Horan Lets You Watch Him Making His Album In New Short Film (From MTV Newsroom. 10 October 2017, 8:05 AM, PDT)
Ray Winstone (I)
- Tim Roth on 'Tin Star,' Tarantino and Tupac (From Rolling Stone. 29 September 2017, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- The Films of Darren Aronofsky Ranked, From Worst to Best (From Indiewire. 14 September 2017, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Five Of The Best Hollywood Remakes (From The Hollywood News. 30 August 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)
Sam Riley (II)
- ‘Free Fire’ Blu-ray Review (From Blogomatic3000. 7 August 2017, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Review: Free Fire (2017) (From The Cultural Post. 4 August 2017, 7:25 PM, PDT)
- Free Fire: Sharlto Copley Plays With Guns, Fire And Crazy South African Accent (From LRM Online. 26 July 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)