Peter Jackson's feature film adaptation of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit set a new box office record this weekend with an estimated $84 million in U.S. ticket sales.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey made history as the biggest December opening of all time for its first week. The flick also stands as the highest first-weekend earner among Jackson's Lord of the Rings films (without adjustments for inflation).
Related: 'The Hobbit' Stars on 'Returning to Middle-Earth'
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Sketchy Episode 166 – ‘Tiny Toon Adventures’ (From SoundOnSight. 18 April 2015, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- See 'Jurassic World's' Eerie New Poster (From Access Hollywood. 18 April 2015, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- 'Jurassic World' Poster: Dinosaur Vs. Jaws! (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Film Review: 'Last Knights' (From CineVue. 17 April 2015, 7:22 AM, PDT)
- The Dead Lands | Review (From ioncinema. 16 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Open Windows’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 15 April 2015, 8:51 AM, PDT)
Daniel Craig (I)
- The Fabric of Film: Tough Guy Wear (From Clothes on Film. 16 April 2015, 2:06 AM, PDT)
- 'X-Men: First Class' Director to Save All of Us With 'Flash Gordon' Reboot (From Movies.com. 15 April 2015, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig given ‘licence to save’ by United Nations - video (From The Guardian - Film News. 15 April 2015, 7:01 AM, PDT)