There was a time when I was in love with stop motion animation. It was the era of Gumby, Rudolph: the Red-Nosed Reindeer and The Year Without A Santa Claus. However, over the past two decades, CG has slowly nudged stop motion out of mainstream family entertainment.
When you think of the top animated movies of 2012, Brave or Wreck-it Ralph probably come to mind. Superb CG and the Disney distribution label made these films household names. Yet, in the trenches of cinema, where only the most audacious viewers dare to go, another feature was the unsung animated gem of the year. Laika’s ParaNorman coupled a delightful voice cast with a layered story that was chock full of spooky twists. This thrilling adventure is filled with wonderful, hand-made character models and smart comedy. Thanks to the team at Laika, the beating heart of stop motion lives on.
Editor’S Pick: »
- Bags Hooper
Similar News ItemsAnna Kendrick
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: Jeffrey Blitz’s Table 19 (From ioncinema. 25 November 2015, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Donkey Kong Champ Billy Mitchell Loses Lawsuit Over Cartoon Network Depiction (From The Wrap. 24 November 2015, 1:55 PM, PST)
- Manuel Gives Thanks (From FilmExperience. 24 November 2015, 7:11 AM, PST)
Focus Features [us]
- The Real Danish Girls: Meet the Trans Pioneers Before Laverne Cox & Caitlyn Jenner (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 4:14 PM, PST)
- Digital Tracking: ‘The Good Dinosaur’ to Enjoy a Thanksgiving Box Office Feast (From Variety - Film News. 25 November 2015, 6:38 PM, PST)
- How Eddie Redmayne, Alicia Vikander and Tom Hooper Explore Gender Identity in 'The Danish Girl' (Exclusive Video) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2015, 11:50 AM, PST)
John Goodman (I)
- Trumbo (2015) – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 November 2015, 6:37 PM, PST)
- ‘Trumbo’ looks big but feels small (From SoundOnSight. 19 November 2015, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Trumbo movie review: liberal Hollywood? ha! (From FlickFilosopher. 19 November 2015, 9:16 AM, PST)