There was a time when I was in love with stop motion animation. It was the era of Gumby, Rudolph: the Red-Nosed Reindeer and The Year Without A Santa Claus. However, over the past two decades, CG has slowly nudged stop motion out of mainstream family entertainment.
When you think of the top animated movies of 2012, Brave or Wreck-it Ralph probably come to mind. Superb CG and the Disney distribution label made these films household names. Yet, in the trenches of cinema, where only the most audacious viewers dare to go, another feature was the unsung animated gem of the year. Laika’s ParaNorman coupled a delightful voice cast with a layered story that was chock full of spooky twists. This thrilling adventure is filled with wonderful, hand-made character models and smart comedy. Thanks to the team at Laika, the beating heart of stop motion lives on.
Editor’S Pick: »
- Bags Hooper
Similar News ItemsAnna Kendrick (I)
- Review: The Last Five Years (From JoBlo. 16 September 2015, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Pitch Perfect 2 Scores Big At The Irish Box Office (From TheMovieBit. 26 May 2015, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- Anna Kendrick’s Stylish Trip To Spain (From Uinterview. 25 May 2015, 9:05 AM, PDT)
Focus Features [us]
- New Insidious: Chapter 3 Featurette (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 May 2015, 4:46 AM, PDT)
- Insidious Chapter 3 Featurette Enlightens (From Best-Horror-Movies.com. 25 May 2015, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- News Bits: Arms, Boston, Clank, Down, Bojack (From Dark Horizons. 23 May 2015, 7:07 AM, PDT)
John Goodman (I)
- Bob Dylan Turns 74: His 5 Most Memorable Moments in Film (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Mel Brooks to Present Steve Martin With AFI Life Achievement Award (From The Wrap. 21 May 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Drop Dead Dazzling Adams 'Always the Bridesmaid Never the Bride' on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 15 May 2015, 10:53 AM, PDT)