Lambert discovered The Who when he was trying to make a film about a young London band. He and Chris Stamp pushed Townshend to take The Who into more experimental avenues, the result is seminal rock opera album Tommy,which became the 1975 Ken Russell film.
Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey have reportedly read Pat Gilbert's script and will contribute biographical details, while Orian Williams will produce. Shooting aims to kick off late Spring in the United Kingdom.
Source: THR »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsCary Elwes
- Teen Queens Behaving Badly In Comedy’s New Trailer and Set Stills (From ShockYa. 14 July 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Trailer for the Multi Story Film Reach Me with Sylvester Stallone and Thomas Jane (From GeekTyrant. 9 July 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- First Trailer for Reach Me Starring Sylvester Stallone; Actor Signs up for Mob Movie Scarpa (From HeyUGuys. 8 July 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
Ken Russell (I)
- Ken Russell’s ‘The Boy Friend’ stands out as a novel, landmark take on musical adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 12 July 2014, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- New Horizons unveils line-up (From ScreenDaily. 9 July 2014, 3:48 AM, PDT)
- A Hard Day’s Director: The Best of Richard Lester (From HeyUGuys. 8 July 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- The Ramones - 1, 2, 3, 4! (From CultureCatch. 15 July 2014, 4:21 AM, PDT)
- Trouble With a Cause: The Top 10 Movie Rebels (From SoundOnSight. 28 June 2014, 6:17 AM, PDT)
- Film4 FrightFest's Amazing 2014 Line-up Announced! New Images Revealed! (From Dread Central. 27 June 2014, 9:52 AM, PDT)