Lambert discovered The Who when he was trying to make a film about a young London band. He and Chris Stamp pushed Townshend to take The Who into more experimental avenues, the result is seminal rock opera album Tommy,which became the 1975 Ken Russell film.
Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey have reportedly read Pat Gilbert's script and will contribute biographical details, while Orian Williams will produce. Shooting aims to kick off late Spring in the United Kingdom.
Source: THR »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsCary Elwes
- How Cary Elwes Would Feel If Someone Tried To Remake The Princess Bride (From Cinema Blend. 7 September 2017, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Competition: Win Rob Reiner’s ‘Being Charlie’ on DVD (From Blogomatic3000. 2 September 2017, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- Power Rangers, Smurfs and The Princess Bride are in September's Family Favourites! (From Cineplex. 30 August 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
Ken Russell (I)
- A ‘mother!’ of a Vicious Commentary (From Age of the Nerd. 20 September 2017, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Crime of Passion (From Trailers from Hell. 16 September 2017, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Tiff: Elle Fanning is "Mary Shelley" (From FilmExperience. 13 September 2017, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Heroes For Heroes: 3rd Annual Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation Celebrity Poker Tournament (From Look to the Stars. 8 September 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- “Heeere’s Johnny!!” The Shining Screens Midnights This Weekend at The Tivoli (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 August 2017, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘The Fabulous Allan Carr’ (From Variety - Film News. 3 July 2017, 3:30 PM, PDT)