Lambert discovered The Who when he was trying to make a film about a young London band. He and Chris Stamp pushed Townshend to take The Who into more experimental avenues, the result is seminal rock opera album Tommy,which became the 1975 Ken Russell film.
Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey have reportedly read Pat Gilbert's script and will contribute biographical details, while Orian Williams will produce. Shooting aims to kick off late Spring in the United Kingdom.
Source: THR »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsCary Elwes
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes to be Released This October (From The Daily BLAM!. 15 September 2014)
- Horror series Saw heading to TV? (From Flickeringmyth. 14 September 2014, 2:35 AM, PDT)
- Westerns director Andrew V McLaglen dies, aged 94 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 September 2014, 11:02 AM, PDT)
Ken Russell (I)
- The Forgotten: Carmelo Bene's "Un Amleto di meno" (1973) (From MUBI. 4 September 2014, 6:18 AM, PDT)
- Oscars news: Is Julianne Moore ('Maps to the Stars') in or out as Best Actress? (From Gold Derby. 2 September 2014, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- Holliday Grainger to lead the cast of BBC's Lady Chatterley's Lover (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 August 2014, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- The Definitive ‘What the F**k?’ Movies: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- Con Air director plans to team with The Who on TV series (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 3:28 AM, PDT)
- Con Air director teams with The Who on TV series (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 3:28 AM, PDT)