Lambert discovered The Who when he was trying to make a film about a young London band. He and Chris Stamp pushed Townshend to take The Who into more experimental avenues, the result is seminal rock opera album Tommy,which became the 1975 Ken Russell film.
Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey have reportedly read Pat Gilbert's script and will contribute biographical details, while Orian Williams will produce. Shooting aims to kick off late Spring in the United Kingdom.
Source: THR »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsCary Elwes
- ‘The Princess Bride’ Honest Trailer Praises the Sappy Swashbuckling Love Story (From Indiewire. 10 January 2017, 3:12 PM, PST)
- Titanic, Dirty Dancing, Casablanca and more celebrate big movie anniversaries in 2017! (From Cineplex. 5 January 2017, 1:36 PM, PST)
- Berlin Film Festival’s First Competition Section Films Revealed: Aki Kaurismaki, Oren Moverman and More (From Indiewire. 15 December 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
Ken Russell (I)
- Sundance Review: ‘The Little Hours’ Gets by on the Comedic Charms of Its Cast (From The Film Stage. 20 January 2017, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Ken Russel’s The Lair Of The White Worm Arrives on Blu-ray January 31st – A Vestron Horror Classic (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 January 2017, 5:44 PM, PST)
- The Overlook: Rapture with parrots: The delirious world of Finland’s king of melodrama (From The AV Club. 17 January 2017, 8:35 AM, PST)
- Have Yourself A Movie Little Christmas: 2016 Edition (From Trailers from Hell. 19 December 2016, 4:56 PM, PST)
- First poster and trailer for Zach Braff’s Going in Style starring Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin (From Flickeringmyth. 16 December 2016, 4:00 PM, PST)
- Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, and Alan Arkin Plan a Heist in Trailer for ‘Going in Style’ (From The Film Stage. 16 December 2016, 9:24 AM, PST)