"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" absolutely dominated the box office this weekend, as according to Film.com, the first installment of Peter Jackson's adaptation of the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel brought in a staggering $84.8 million.
That was nearly twice as much as every other film combined, though there were some bright spots for the also-rans. "Lincoln," for instance, passed the $100 million mark domestically, while "Silver Linings Playbook" crept into the top ten thanks to award season buzz.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- King Kong Returns in Kong: Skull Island Trailer (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2016, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Kong: Skull Island Motion Picture Heralds The Return Of The King (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2016, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Sdcc 2016: Teaser For 'Kong: Skull Island' Teaser Hits The Net! (From LatinoReview. 21 July 2016, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem to Once Again Play a Monster In New Universal Horror Movies (From Movies.com. 11 July 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem Wanted as Frankenstein in Universal's Monsters Universe (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2016, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Javier Bardem to Play Frankenstein’s Monster in Universal’s New Monsters Universe? (From DailyDead. 11 July 2016, 3:45 PM, PDT)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Sdcc: First trailer for Kong: Skull Island arrives online (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2016, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Sdcc: Behold the Eighth Wonder of the World with first poster for Kong: Skull Island (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2016, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Sdcc: Motion poster for Kong: Skull Island teases the unveiling of King Kong (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2016, 10:36 AM, PDT)