"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" absolutely dominated the box office this weekend, as according to Film.com, the first installment of Peter Jackson's adaptation of the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien novel brought in a staggering $84.8 million.
That was nearly twice as much as every other film combined, though there were some bright spots for the also-rans. "Lincoln," for instance, passed the $100 million mark domestically, while "Silver Linings Playbook" crept into the top ten thanks to award season buzz.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Why Stephen Colbert Could Be CBS’ Golden Ticket (From Variety - TV News. 3 September 2015, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Kylo Ren Prepares For Full-Scale War In Star Wars: The Force Awakens International Poster (From We Got This Covered. 3 September 2015, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Frightfest 2015: ‘Deathgasm’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 3 September 2015, 3:58 AM, PDT)
- New Poster for Sam Mendes' 'Spectre' Inspired by Bond Art of Past (From FirstShowing.net. 3 September 2015, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig is dressed to kill in new Spectre poster (From Cineplex. 3 September 2015, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig’s James Bond Stands Tall In Stylish New Poster For Spectre (From We Got This Covered. 3 September 2015, 11:28 AM, PDT)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Tom Hanks, Lisa Cholodenko to Be Honored by Outfest (From Variety - Film News. 3 September 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Nicholas Hoult To Star As Jd Salinger In Danny Strong’s Drama Rebel In The Rye (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 31 August 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Nicholas Hoult To Portray J.D. Salinger In Danny Strong’s ‘Rebel In The Rye’ (From Deadline. 31 August 2015, 11:51 AM, PDT)