Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Justice League Green Lantern Won't Be Hal Jordan or John Stewart? (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 2:13 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise’s Jack Reacher Jacket is up for auction for Help for Heroes (From HeyUGuys. 24 February 2017, 3:39 AM, PST)
- Oscars: "Night Before" Party Sets Star-Studded Host Committee, Hollywood Reporter Returns as Sponsor (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 February 2017, 1:29 PM, PST)
- A United Kingdom – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 February 2017, 5:21 AM, PST)
- The Weekend Warrior 2/24/17: Get Out, Collide, Rock Dog (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Get Out: Jordan Peele Explores Race With His Social Horror Flick (From LRM Online. 21 February 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Omg! Oscars, Muriels and Gelderblom’S “Pretty Messed Up”! (From Trailers from Hell. 25 February 2017, 12:18 PM, PST)
- Lineup for the Suncoast Credit Union Gasparilla International Film Festival (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 2:50 PM, PST)
- 66-Minute Documentary Director Roundtable Talk With Werner Herzog, Ezra Edelman, Kirsten Johnson & More (From The Playlist. 21 February 2017, 11:08 AM, PST)