Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise Is Already Working on Another Mission: Impossible (From Vulture. 30 July 2015, 12:10 AM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: The Stares of Tom Cruise, A Better Ending to 'Inside Out' and More (From Movies.com. 29 July 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Mission: Impossible 6 to shoot next summer (From Den of Geek. 29 July 2015, 10:53 PM, PDT)
- “Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned”: Top 10 Damaged Divas in the Movies (From SoundOnSight. 25 July 2015, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Ted Field’s Radar to Produce Crime Thriller ‘Brackish Water’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2015, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Rosamund Pike to star opposite Jon Hamm in Brad Anderson's High Wire Act (From JoBlo. 20 July 2015, 2:11 PM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- 2015 Venice Film Festival: Guadagnino, Sokurov, Kaufman, Bellocchio & Fukunaga Compete for Golden Lion (From ioncinema. 29 July 2015, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Why 'Phoenix' Finally Makes Christian Petzold a New Arthouse Auteur (From Thompson on Hollywood. 29 July 2015, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- The Conversation: Drew Morton and Landon Palmer Discuss ‘Paris, Texas’ (From SoundOnSight. 29 July 2015, 9:44 AM, PDT)