Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise’s Edge of Tomorrow gets a trailer (From Sky Movies. 12 December 2013, 2:38 AM, PST)
- First trailer and new poster for Edge of Tomorrow starring Tom Cruise (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 11:54 PM, PST)
- Trailer for Tom Cruise's Edge of Tomorrow Sci-Fi Thriller (From Worst Previews. 11 December 2013, 9:38 PM, PST)
- The big reveal: why Derren Brown is trying to rob the Chapman brothers (From The Guardian - TV News. 10 December 2013, 7:03 AM, PST)
- Martin Freeman slams Sherlock trolls over Amanda Abbington abuse (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 December 2013, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Martin Freeman on Sherlock series 3, John and Sherlock's reunion, the fall, & keeping secrets (From Den of Geek. 9 December 2013, 1:01 AM, PST)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Watch: 'Act of Killing' Director Joshua Oppenheimer Talks to Indiewire as Part of Awards Season Spotlight (From Thompson on Hollywood. 11 December 2013, 10:36 AM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson & Juliette Binoche Reteam For 'The Childhood Of A Leader' (From The Playlist. 10 December 2013, 5:19 PM, PST)
- Tom Cruise to return for Jack Reacher sequel (From Den of Geek. 9 December 2013, 10:22 PM, PST)