Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- 5 Summer Box Office Takeaways: Marvel Rules, China Rises and Stars Matter (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- 20 Little Known Facts That Will Make You See Famous Actors Differently (From Obsessed with Film. 1 September 2014, 6:54 AM, PDT)
- 3 of the Greatest Book to Movie Adaptations (From Flickeringmyth. 1 September 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- New Gone Girl Pictures: Piece Together the Clues (From BuzzSugar. 29 August 2014, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- 19 new images from David Fincher’s Gone Girl (From Cineplex. 29 August 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Telluride: Eviction Stunner ’99 Homes’ Electrifies Fest, Igniting Hot Distribution, Oscar Buzz (From Deadline New York. 1 September 2014, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- Telluride: Mia Wasikowska Tackles France’s Most Famous Fictional Heroine (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 September 2014, 12:09 AM, PDT)
- Telluride: ‘Birdman’ Flies Into Fest, With Slightly Bumpier Landing Than in Venice (From Scott Feinberg. 31 August 2014, 11:30 PM, PDT)