Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Video: Re-evaluating Top Gun – A Different Opinion On Tom Cruise In The 1986 Classic (From The Hollywood News. 16 December 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Why You're Wrong about Top Gun - Maverick Was a Phony (From GeekTyrant. 16 December 2014, 10:09 AM, PST)
- Video: Why You’re Wrong About ‘Top Gun’ (From Slash Film. 16 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Robert Duvall and Alejandro Inarritu Added to Lineup of Palm Springs Honorees (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Thunderbirds Are Go! renewed for second series by Citv (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 1:16 PM, PST)
- Stop the presses: 'Boyhood' shut out by a critics group (From Hitfix. 18 December 2014, 11:12 AM, PST)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Daily | Eva Mattes @ 60 (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 14 December 2014, 8:39 AM, PST)
- Daily | Eva Mattes @ 60 (From Keyframe. 14 December 2014, 8:39 AM, PST)
- 31 Great Documentaries on Netflix Streaming (From Moviefone. 12 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)