Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Go Inside David Beckham's Epic Birthday Celebration (From Popsugar. 3 May 2015, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- Steve Anderson Dies at 67; Director of ‘South Central,’ ‘Cash’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 May 2015, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘David Letterman: A Life on Television’ Trailer Reveals Look into History of Late Night TV (Video) (From The Wrap. 1 May 2015, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Best Picture Nominee Co-Star Timberlake on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 1 May 2015, 7:34 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Academy Award winner Reznor and Wife on Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 1 May 2015, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- Ascot Elite nabs trio for Germany (From ScreenDaily. 29 April 2015, 4:29 AM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- 3D in the 21st Century. Holography Artist Ikuo Nakamura on "Aurora Borealis" (From MUBI. 2 May 2015, 4:42 AM, PDT)
- 3D in the 21st Century. On Shooting "Cave of Forgotten Dreams" (From MUBI. 2 May 2015, 4:41 AM, PDT)
- Gus Van Sant: On Working with William S. Burroughs and the Evolution of Indie Film (From Indiewire. 1 May 2015, 5:03 PM, PDT)