Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- BAFTAs 2016: winners' speeches (From ScreenDaily. 14 February 2016, 10:46 AM, PST)
- Telefonica Studios Furthers Drive Into Latin America (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 13 February 2016, 7:01 PM, PST)
- The Best and Worst of Ben Stiller, A to Z (From Rolling Stone. 13 February 2016, 7:52 AM, PST)
- Emir Kusturica to head Shanghai fest jury (From ScreenDaily. 14 February 2016, 2:00 AM, PST)
- Danny McBride in Talks For ‘Alien Covenant,’ Idris Elba to Climb ‘The Mountains Between Us,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 11 February 2016, 12:48 PM, PST)
- Thunderbirds Are Go: launching on Amazon in the Us; 4 new series ordered (From Den of Geek. 11 February 2016, 2:19 AM, PST)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Berlin: Fest Retrospective Focuses on German Cinema in 1966 (From Variety - Film News. 14 February 2016, 1:40 AM, PST)
- Greg Kinnear Drama ‘Little Men’ Picked Up by Magnolia Pictures (From The Wrap. 11 February 2016, 9:26 AM, PST)
- Watch: Samantha Bee Skewers Jeb Bush in This Werner Herzog-Inspired Documentary Spoof (From Indiewire. 9 February 2016, 7:29 AM, PST)