Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- 8 Unmade Steven Spielberg Films (From SoundOnSight. 31 March 2015, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Melissa McCarthy Is Not Your Average Secret Agent In New Trailer For 'Spy' (From The Playlist. 31 March 2015, 6:25 AM, PDT)
- The Riot Club: When Being Posh Is Not Enough (From CultureCatch. 30 March 2015, 7:38 PM, PDT)
- Thunderbirds are go as TV series returns with a makeover after 50 years (From The Guardian - TV News. 31 March 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Hart to Receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards (From Variety - TV News. 30 March 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- The Sad Reason Jon Hamm Couldn't Play The Lead In Gone Girl (From Cinema Blend. 30 March 2015, 1:20 PM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Nicole Kidman, Ava DuVernay, Jill Soloway Are 2015 Women in Film Winners (From Thompson on Hollywood. 31 March 2015, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- Review: The Salt Of The Earth, Documenting A Visionary Photographer (From Twitch. 26 March 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- And the Cannes line-up is…? (From ScreenDaily. 26 March 2015, 4:05 AM, PDT)