Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Special Features - Dodging Bullets: Why Liam Neeson would have made a terrible 007 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg to be honoured with MTV Generation Award (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About Her "No Rules" Love Life (From Popsugar. 11 March 2014, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Win Sherlock Series 1-3 On Blu-Ray! (From The Hollywood News. 11 February 2014, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Troy: E4's brand new magician on why he's not the new Dynamo (From Digital Spy - TV news. 11 February 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- The Travesty of Sherlock Season 3 (From Shadowlocked. 3 February 2014, 11:04 AM, PST)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Werner Herzog's "Hearsay of the Soul" (From MUBI. 10 March 2014, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #25. Joshua Oppenheimer’s The Look of Silence (From ioncinema. 5 March 2014, 7:15 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2014: Act of Killing passed over, but leads to change in Indonesia (From The Guardian - Film News. 3 March 2014, 4:06 PM, PST)