Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- 'Going Clear' Filmmakers on How Scientology Sees Tom Cruise as "Useless," Uses John Travolta's Plane (From The Hollywood Reporter. 4 March 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- The Walking Dead, Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut & Hannibal Nominated in 41st Annual Saturn Awards (From DailyDead. 4 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Vince Vaughn on Moving Into Adult Storytelling with ‘True Detective’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- MTV Movie Awards announced; are more in touch than the Oscars (From SoundOnSight. 4 March 2015, 2:55 PM, PST)
- 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Guardians,' 'Neighbors' lead 2015 MTV Movie Awards nominations (From Hitfix. 4 March 2015, 10:15 AM, PST)
- 2015 MTV Movie Awards Nominees Topped by 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (From Rope Of Silicon. 4 March 2015, 9:31 AM, PST)
Werner Herzog (I)
- One last 'Parks and Recreation' Q&A with Mike Schur (From Hitfix. 4 March 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- What’s Up Doc?: Les Blank, Alex Gibney & Alex Winter Lead SXSW Charge (February 2015) (From ioncinema. 27 February 2015, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Shoah: 70 Years after the Liberation of Auschwitz (From Flickeringmyth. 27 February 2015, 10:10 AM, PST)