Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Nicole Kidman Levels Tom Cruise; Looks Fab Doing It (pics, video!) (From TheImproper.com. 30 August 2014, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Suri Cruise Reunites with Lost Chihuahua (From PEOPLE.com. 30 August 2014, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies (From EW.com - PopWatch. 30 August 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- New Gone Girl Pictures: Piece Together the Clues (From BuzzSugar. 29 August 2014, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- 19 new images from David Fincher’s Gone Girl (From Cineplex. 29 August 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
Werner Herzog (I)
- Telluride: Oscar Host To Oscar Contender? Jon Stewart’s ‘Rosewater’ Wins Standing Ovation At Festival (From Deadline New York. 30 August 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- True Stories of Political Oppression, Grief Recovery and Imitation Games (From AwardsDaily. 30 August 2014, 6:35 AM, PDT)
- Telluride kicks off with a tribute to a masterpiece (From Hitfix. 30 August 2014, 1:40 AM, PDT)