Panto season is almost upon us. And here's a late addition to the lineup; an unexpected guilty pleasure full of camp and vanity, complete with hissable villain and heaving cleavage.
It's the first in a hopeful new franchise for Tom Cruise, based on the bestsellers by Lee Child about a massive ex-military cop who travels the Us with just a toothbrush, exacting crunchy justice on the fringe of the law. The books are insomniac heaven, pacey male fantasy about a life of righteous slugging and responsibility-free shagging.
But some fans had issues with Cruise's vital stats (Reacher is 6ft 5ins and almost 18 stone; Cruise is not). Child himself came to the rescue. "With another actor you might get 100% of the height but only 90% of Reacher. With Tom, you'll get 100% of Reacher with 90% of the height. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- The true story behind Dougray Scott playing Wolverine in X-Men and why Hugh Jackman took over (From Flickeringmyth. 28 February 2017, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Mission: Impossible 6 To Be A Character Study (From We Got This Covered. 27 February 2017, 1:51 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2017: Hacksaw Ridge’s Kevin O’Connell Wins Best Sound Mixing on 21st Nomination (From PEOPLE.com. 26 February 2017, 6:32 PM, PST)
- Study Ranks American Actors’ British Accents, and Vice Versa (From Variety - Film News. 27 February 2017, 4:29 PM, PST)
- Logan: Director James Mangold on His Second Wolverine Movie (From LRM Online. 27 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Arthouse Audit: ‘My Life As a Zucchini’ Tops New Limited Releases (From Indiewire. 26 February 2017, 10:43 AM, PST)
- Omg! Oscars, Muriels and Gelderblom’S “Pretty Messed Up”! (From Trailers from Hell. 25 February 2017, 12:18 PM, PST)
- Lineup for the Suncoast Credit Union Gasparilla International Film Festival (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 2:50 PM, PST)
- 66-Minute Documentary Director Roundtable Talk With Werner Herzog, Ezra Edelman, Kirsten Johnson & More (From The Playlist. 21 February 2017, 11:08 AM, PST)