In their flurry to cover the story of the Newtown, Conn. massacre, members of the news media initially identified the wrong man suspected of gunning down 26 adults and children at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Outlets like CNN, ABC News and the AP erroneously reported that the alleged shooter was Ryan Lanza, a 24-year-old man, before setting the record straight and saying it was actually Adam Lanza, Ryan’s 20-year-old brother. The shooting suspect took his own life after killing 20 children and six adults at the school.
AP tweeted: “Breaking: Official: Ryan Lanza, Conn. gunman’s brother, not believed to have any involvement in rampage. »
- Lynette Rice
Similar News ItemsPiers Morgan
- The Five Hosts Slam ‘Flaccid’ Piers Morgan, Praise Bob Woodward For Comparing Benghazi To Watergate (From Mediaite - TV. 17 May 2013, 3:24 PM, PDT)
- LiLo Probably Isn't Happy About This (From Huffington Post. 17 May 2013, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Piers Morgan Grills Jay Carney About IRS, Benghazi: Has This Been ‘Your Toughest Week’ Ever? (From Mediaite - TV. 16 May 2013, 8:16 PM, PDT)
ABC News [us]
- Demi Lovato Reveals How Joe Jonas Broke Her Heart (From HollywoodLife. 18 May 2013, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- 79-year-old great-grandma sky-dives successfully (From RealBollywood. 18 May 2013, 1:37 AM, PDT)
- Rachel Maddow Takes ABC News To Woodshed Over Benghazi Non-Emails (From Mediaite - TV. 17 May 2013, 7:35 PM, PDT)