Mike Leonard is saying goodbye to a job he's had for almost half of his life. The "Today" show correspondent has announced he is retiring after working on the morning show for 32 years.
Leonard says he attributes his decision to retire to his wife Cathy, who has inspired him "to see the beauty in our everyday existence." "With humor, grace and tolerance, she made it possible for me to use our house as a stand-in for anybody's house," he says.
"[Your stories] are a microcosm of you," Matt Lauer tells Leonard. "They all have incredible heart, they're told with kindness, and hope, and modesty. They are understated and yet so powerful, and that is you in a nutshell." »
Similar News ItemsMatt Lauer
- Rihanna Praises Rachel Dolezal, Calls Her a "Bit of a Hero" in Vanity Fair (From E! Online. 6 October 2015, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- A Friendly Reminder About the Today Show's Lol-Worthy Halloween Costumes (From Popsugar. 3 October 2015, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- Donald Trump Says He Has a Backup Plan If He's No Longer the Republican Front-Runner (From Us Weekly. 29 September 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)
Michael Leonard (IV)
- 3D in the 21st Century. Baby, I'm Your Firework (From MUBI. 11 May 2015, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Michael Leonard Witham’s A Scandal In The Violets Album Review (From ShockYa. 5 October 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)