I had a dilemma this week. The shops are full of great indie books, as usual—Dark Horse books, especially—and the majority of these are either unnervingly creepy or downright strange. I also remain stuck in the habit of reading comics in bed, often before I fall asleep. If I can fall asleep.
Steve Niles and Chris Mitten finally began their crossover showdown, Final Night #1, which pits Cal McDonald against the 30 Days Of Night vamps. Mitten’s vampires are all teeth and eyeballs, savage and messy. Niles combines his usual sense of humor about Criminal MacAbre with an impending sense of doom—and trust me, if you live in Los Angeles (like I do), the ending will give you chills.
James O’Barr has come back to write a Crow series for the first time in ages, and Idw’s The Crow: Skinning The Wolves #1 is appropriately brutal. It »
- Holly I.
Similar News ItemsDark Horse (2011)
- John Ostrander’s Spare Plots (From Comicmix. 22 January 2017, 5:00 AM, PST)
- You’re Not a Nerd: The sad co-opting of geek culture (From Flickeringmyth. 21 January 2017, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Dark Horse Announces Third Installment of Buffy: The High School Years – Parental Parasite (From Dread Central. 20 January 2017, 11:20 AM, PST)
- John Wick Comic Book Series Is Coming in 2017 (From MovieWeb. 21 December 2016, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Comic Books 101: 10 Horror Books For You! (From LRM Online. 27 October 2016, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- 21 of the Greatest Horror Films of the 21st Century (From The Hollywood News. 17 October 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
Scott Snyder (I)
- Comic Book Review – All-Star Batman #7 (From Flickeringmyth. 15 February 2017, 8:20 AM, PST)
- Emily S. Whitten: Fan2Sea, the Floating Comic-Con (Part II) (From Comicmix. 12 February 2017, 5:00 AM, PST)
- All-Star Batman #7 Review (From We Got This Covered. 8 February 2017, 11:05 AM, PST)