Every fall, a fresh crop of TV shows are judged by their pilots. The only problem with that is that sometimes a show is clearly great, or clearly awful from the start, while others take time to find their voice.
That's why the better test of a series' worth comes at midseason. And that's why our midseason report card evaluates all 17 of the new network shows still on the air (sorry, "Partners," "Made in Jersey," "Animal Practice" and soon-to-be-gone "The Mob Doctor"), to see how they've progressed since we reviewed their pilots.
Some have improved (hi there "Chicago Fire" and, yes, "The Neighbors"), some still need work (keep trying "Guys with Kids"!) and others are living up to high expectations (we still love you "Arrow" and "The Mindy Project").
Take a look at the full midseason report card here and be sure to tell us what you think of 2012's new shows. »
Similar News Items"The Mindy Project" (2012)
- TVLine Items: Casey Wilson Visits Mindy, Once Sheriff Returns and More (From TVLine.com. 21 October 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Chris Pine set for A Wrinkle in Time (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Revenge Alum Gets Shameless, Legion Premiere and More (From TVLine.com. 19 October 2016, 4:01 PM, PDT)
"Chicago Fire" (2012)
- NBC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 10/23/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 October 2016, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of NBC TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 October 2016, 9:52 AM, PDT)
- Sneakers Adaptation Eyed at NBC, Based on Robert Redford Hacker Film (From TVLine.com. 22 October 2016, 7:41 AM, PDT)
"Guys with Kids" (2012)
- Lakeshore Acquires Donald Diego RomCom Spec ‘The Wedding Year’ (From Deadline. 4 August 2016, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘More Than Four Hours’ Short Film Premiere: ‘Wrecked’ Star Zach Cregger Stars As An Algebra Teacher Who Mixes Up His Meds (From Indiewire. 15 June 2016, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- ‘Childrens Hospital’ Star Erinn Hayes Cast as Kevin James’ Wife in CBS Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 24 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)