Documents filed in a New Mexico court illustrate new details about a murder-for-hire plot targeting superstar Justin Bieber. The Associated Press reports that convicted killer Dana Martin told investigators he persuaded Mark Staake, a man he met in prison, and the man's nephew, Tanner Ruane, to kill Bieber, the singer's personal bodyguard and two other individuals not connected with Bieber.
Martin, who has a tattoo of Bieber on his leg, said he was angry at the singer for not responding to his letters. So the trio plotted to castrate two of the victims -- those not associated with Bieber -- with hedge clippers before heading to New York City, where the singer was slated to perform at Madison Square Garden in November.
"This perceived slight made Mr. Martin upset and that, coupled with Mr. Martin's perception of being a 'nobody' in prison, led him to begin plotting the kidnap and »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Here Is the Longlist for the 2014 National Book Award for Fiction (From Vulture. 17 September 2014, 6:10 PM, PDT)
- Pregnant Celebrities - Justin Bieber and Girlfriend Selena Gomez Ready for a Baby? (From National Ledger. 16 September 2014, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez's Flirty and Pda-Filled Bowling Date: There Was "a Lot of Kissing" (From E! Online. 16 September 2014, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- Scooter Braun Defends Ariana Grande After Her Alleged Diva Fit (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 September 2014, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- ‘Scorpion’ Ep Scooter Braun Talks Geniuses, Creative Motto: ‘What Cool Sh-t Can We Do Today? (Video) (From The Wrap. 8 September 2014, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Ed Sheeran Draws Star-Studded Crowd to L.A. Show (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 August 2014, 2:55 PM, PDT)
Robert S. McDonald
- Obama Taps Former Procter & Gamble CEO Robert McDonald to Lead Veteran Affairs (From The Wrap. 29 June 2014, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Disney Chief Bob Iger Elected Vice-Chair of the U.S.-China Business Council (From The Wrap. 6 June 2013, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Running Legend True Found Dead (From WENN. 4 April 2012, 9:11 AM, PDT)