Hello, lovelies. Beau here, discussing a unique talent whose first foray into television just released on DVD and Blu-Ray for all the sorry souls deprived of the best network on television.
Lena Dunham might be the most divisive director of her generation. Self-deprecating, incisive, witty, aware to a fault, she’s what would happen if Diane Keaton and Miranda July met and had tea using Amy Heckerling as a footstool. But at the same time, her characters and their individual dilemmas are direct reflections of their generation, behaviors indicative of a group of twenty-somethings who devoured Palahniuk and shit out Klosterman. They Know What They’re Doing And They Are Smarter Than You. Hipsters cum Proselytizers. Join us or be deemed irrelevant.
I’ve talked with several co-workers, friends, relatives who’ve watched either Tiny Furniture or Girls (or both) and find her writing and her characterizations insufferable. Others still find it remarkable and on-the-nose, »
- Beau McCoy
Similar News Items"Girls" (2012)
- Spike Jonze to Guest Star on HBO's ‘Girls’ (From The Wrap. 31 July 2014, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Girls Courts Spike Jonze for Guest-Starring Role in Season 4 (From TVLine.com. 31 July 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Running Wild With Bear Grylls Preview: Will Ben Stiller Be Left Hanging...?! (From TVLine.com. 31 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Ferrara, Herzog, Simon (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 31 July 2014, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Daily | Ferrara, Herzog, Simon (From Keyframe. 31 July 2014, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- In Defense of Allison Williams as Peter Pan (From EW.com - PopWatch. 31 July 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Snow White Prequel (Stupidly) Drops Snow White, Gets New Title and Release Date (From Alt Film Guide. 31 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Snow White Spin-Off Gets New Title, Release Date - But (Stupidly) Lacks Snow White and Stewart (From Alt Film Guide. 31 July 2014, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Lucy Destroys Hercules at the Box Office (From Worst Previews. 27 July 2014, 8:32 PM, PDT)