Hello, lovelies. Beau here, discussing a unique talent whose first foray into television just released on DVD and Blu-Ray for all the sorry souls deprived of the best network on television.
Lena Dunham might be the most divisive director of her generation. Self-deprecating, incisive, witty, aware to a fault, she’s what would happen if Diane Keaton and Miranda July met and had tea using Amy Heckerling as a footstool. But at the same time, her characters and their individual dilemmas are direct reflections of their generation, behaviors indicative of a group of twenty-somethings who devoured Palahniuk and shit out Klosterman. They Know What They’re Doing And They Are Smarter Than You. Hipsters cum Proselytizers. Join us or be deemed irrelevant.
I’ve talked with several co-workers, friends, relatives who’ve watched either Tiny Furniture or Girls (or both) and find her writing and her characterizations insufferable. Others still find it remarkable and on-the-nose, »
- Beau McCoy
Similar News Items"Girls" (2012)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets three retro posters (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 11:41 AM, PST)
- Track listing for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens score gives clues to the plot (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 6:09 AM, PST)
- The Star Wars Holiday Special gets a Force Awakens mashup trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 3:50 AM, PST)
- 18 Times Lena Dunham's Instagram Was So Damn Relatable (From Popsugar. 26 November 2015, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Girls: HBO Leaving Fate of Show Up to Lena Dunham (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 November 2015, 12:54 PM, PST)
- HBO CEO Says Lena Dunham Calls the Shots on When Girls Ends (From Vulture. 19 November 2015, 10:59 AM, PST)
- Diane Keaton Is Basically Your Drunk, Fun Aunt While Blushing and Trying to Kiss Justin Bieber (From Popsugar. 25 November 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Love the Coopers’ is an overstuffed, tonally dissonant misfire (From SoundOnSight. 17 November 2015, 9:55 PM, PST)
- Motion Poster For Finding Dory Invites You Back Into The Deep Blue Sea (From We Got This Covered. 17 November 2015, 6:42 AM, PST)