After spending the last few years appearing in British offerings such as Bleak House, Any Human Heart, The Crimson Petal and the White and Great Expectations, Gillian Anderson is set to return to American network television next year, with Entertainment Weekly revealing that The X-Files star has been cast in Bryan Fuller's upcoming series Hannibal.
Anderson will feature in a multi-episode arc as Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier, the personal therapist of Thomas Harris' notorious serial killer Dr. Hannibal Lecter, with Mads Mikkelsen (Casino Royale, The Hunt) stepping in to the role made famous by Anthony Hopkins in 1991's The Silence of the Lambs.
"Every therapist needs their own head examined and we are ecstatic that Gillian Anderson has chosen Hannibal to mark her return to American television after 10 years to portray Dr. Lecter’s personal psychiatrist," said Fuller, who is producing the series for NBC. "Her intelligence and sophistication, »
Similar News ItemsMan of Steel (2013)
- Rumor: No Black Suit Or Beard For Superman In Justice League (From We Got This Covered. 24 September 2017, 8:32 PM, PDT)
- Darren Aronofsky Would Be Interested In Directing A Superman Movie (From We Got This Covered. 24 September 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- John Ostrander: The Ultimate Illegal Alien (From Comicmix. 24 September 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
Anthony Hopkins (I)
- "Thor: Ragnarok" - More New Images (From SneakPeek. 24 September 2017, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok gets a batch of promotional posters (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- New Thor: Ragnarok IMAX Poster Is a Jaw-Dropping Stunner (From MovieWeb. 20 September 2017, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- Evangeline Lilly suits up in new set photos from Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- The Wasp Costume Fully Revealed in New Ant-Man 2 Set Photos (From MovieWeb. 21 September 2017, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Laurence Fishburne and Gina Torres Split After 15 Years of Marriage : 'There Are No Bad Guys Here' (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 12:48 PM, PDT)