"Today we are cancelling the apocalypse!"
From the beginning, we've been anxiously awaiting Guillermo del Toro's upcoming sci-fi monster movie, Pacific Rim, a project the director has called "the biggest giant monster movie ever made." Del Toro has admitted that Pacific Rim would be inspired by "the kaiju genre in Japan," the subgenre that introduced Godzilla and other "giant monster" movies to audiences. However, at AICN's annual Butt-Numb-a-Thon, del Toro said that Pacific Rim was "a movie made by a fan but not a fan film," so that anyone that watches it, regardless of their knowledge of kaiju movies would still "get a boner."
The first footage from Pacific Rim was unveiled at Comic-Con this summer, but unless you were there in Hall H, the first trailer for the movie is most people's first opportunity to see del Toro's monsters do battle with massive robots called Jaegers, which are controlled by two human pilots. »
- Ryan Gowland
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- The Strain, Ep. 2.01-2.03: Abraham remains series’ best character (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Weekly News Roundup: Science supports gaming, Kojima and Del Toro team up, and more (From SoundOnSight. 27 July 2015, 4:43 AM, PDT)
- The Strain season 2 episode 2 review: By Any Means (From Den of Geek. 27 July 2015, 12:36 AM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- First Trailer For Michael Bay’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi (From TheMovieBit. 29 July 2015, 2:33 AM, PDT)
- Pacific Rim 2: Charlie Hunnam on what he wants to improve (From Den of Geek. 26 July 2015, 10:52 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't want too many special effects in Pacific Rim 2 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 July 2015, 2:42 AM, PDT)