"Today we are cancelling the apocalypse!"
From the beginning, we've been anxiously awaiting Guillermo del Toro's upcoming sci-fi monster movie, Pacific Rim, a project the director has called "the biggest giant monster movie ever made." Del Toro has admitted that Pacific Rim would be inspired by "the kaiju genre in Japan," the subgenre that introduced Godzilla and other "giant monster" movies to audiences. However, at AICN's annual Butt-Numb-a-Thon, del Toro said that Pacific Rim was "a movie made by a fan but not a fan film," so that anyone that watches it, regardless of their knowledge of kaiju movies would still "get a boner."
The first footage from Pacific Rim was unveiled at Comic-Con this summer, but unless you were there in Hall H, the first trailer for the movie is most people's first opportunity to see del Toro's monsters do battle with massive robots called Jaegers, which are controlled by two human pilots. »
- Ryan Gowland
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Movie News: Michelle Williams to Star as Janis Joplin; Guillermo del Toro Asks: Do You Want 'Hellboy III'? (From Movies.com. 19 January 2017, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Dare to Taste The Unnamable with Narragansett Beer’s New Lovecraft Black Lager (From DailyDead. 19 January 2017, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Newswire: Guillermo Del Toro asks Twitter if he should make Hellboy 3 (From The AV Club. 19 January 2017, 8:35 AM, PST)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Ufc Star Anderson Silva Heads Cast of Fruit Chan’s ‘Made in Kowloon’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 12:07 AM, PST)
- Guillermo del Toro offers glimmer of hope for Hellboy 3 (From Den of Geek. 18 January 2017, 6:17 PM, PST)
- Guillermo Del Toro Wants to Do Hellboy 3, But He Needs Your Help (From MovieWeb. 18 January 2017, 4:00 PM, PST)