The Golden Globes nominations are in, and conspicuously absent from the list of nominees is the Caped Crusader. But just because Batman isn't getting awards-season love, doesn't make the following statement any less true: 2012 was the year of the comic book movie.
Sure, sure — for years now, it feels like every year is the year of the comic book movie. But 2012 brought forth two of the most show-stopping entries in the genre's entire existence — "Marvel's The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight Rises," two films that dominated commercially (they're the top two box-office performers of the year; "Avengers" is the third highest-grossing movie of all time), and creatively assembled oh-so mightily for critics and casual moviegoers alike.
The arrival of "Avengers" and the conclusion of "The Dark Knight" trilogy were two of the most anticipated movie moments in years. We couldn't wait to see if Marvel could stick the landing with »
- Josh Wigler
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 2/22/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 February 2017, 5:35 PM, PST)
- All Hail the King with two new Kong: Skull Island featurettes (From Flickeringmyth. 22 February 2017, 4:30 PM, PST)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Breakout Cooper Andrews Reveals How He Cracked Up Andrew Lincoln (From The Wrap. 22 February 2017, 1:47 PM, PST)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Filmmakers Shot ‘Key Sequences’ In IMAX (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 12:32 PM, PST)
- James Bond 25 to Begin Shooting in Croatia This Year? (From MovieWeb. 22 February 2017, 10:38 AM, PST)
- Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel Wanted ‘Deadpool’ Nominated for Best Picture (From Variety - Film News. 21 February 2017, 10:54 AM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- Watch New Featurette & Clips from Kong: Skull Island (From DailyDead. 22 February 2017, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Joss Whedon talks about his rejected Wonder Woman movie (From Flickeringmyth. 21 February 2017, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Ghost in the Shell and The House trailers, Avengers: Infinity War news and more make our weekly round-up (From Cineplex. 17 February 2017, 2:20 PM, PST)