I haz major sadz. I’ve been looking forward to seeing this movie since I first heard about it. The trailer has smashed my dreams like a great big reptilian foot stepping on them.
What is Pacific Rim similar to? Well, just off the top of my head, I think of Battleship, Transformers, and a few old Godzilla movies. Unfortunately, those that came before (even Old-School Godzilla) did it better.
Personally, the only possible redemption I can see for Pacific Rim is for del Toro to step forward and say, “We intentionally made the film look like a monster movie from the 60′s.”
Guillermo, even if that isn’t true, just lie and say it is.
Granted, the human-controlled robots look pretty kick-ass, but we can get pretty, hi-tech armor in the Iron Man films these days. »
- Marty Shaw
Similar News ItemsIron Man (2008)
- 'Incredibles 2' Gets Summer 2019 Release Date (From MovieWeb. 8 October 2015, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- "Captain America: Civil War" - More Leaked Set Footage and Teaser Trailer (From SneakPeek. 8 October 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow: 'Nobody is worth what Robert Downey Jr is worth' (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 October 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- The Blunt Reason Hellboy 3 Won't Ever Happen (From Cinema Blend. 8 October 2015, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Crimson Peak-Inspired Beer Announced (From DailyDead. 7 October 2015, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- 6 Must-See Posters From MondoCon: 'Crimson Peak,' 'Masters of the Universe' 'Mulholland Drive' and More (From Indiewire. 7 October 2015, 2:20 PM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Round-Up: Nosferatu: A Symphony Of Horror, Telluride Horror Show Update, Vampirella #1, Syfy’s Ominous, Storm King at Nycc (From DailyDead. 8 October 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Guillermo del Toro Says "No One Is Knocking" For 'Hellboy 3,' Updates 'Pacific Rim 2' And More In 1-Hour Talk (From The Playlist. 7 October 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- Watch: What Filmmakers Need to Know About Color Theory and Color Palettes (From Indiewire. 7 October 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)