There is a lot of excitement surrounding Smash’s nomination at the Golden Globes. ”Everyone who is involved with Smash, whether on the outskirts or at the epicenter, is thrilled and dancing in the aisles this morning on this wonderful news,” Steven Spielberg, executive producer of the show, said in a statement.
Smash songwriters and executive producers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman were especially thrilled. The pair were on their way to upstate New York — “to write another 200 songs for Smash,” jokes Wittman — this morning when their phones began buzzing.
“Me — being Jewish — I just assumed, ‘Uh oh. There’s some bad news. »
- Sandra Gonzalez
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Shia Labeouf Disses Drake, Lil Yachty, Vin Diesel, Jean-Claude Van Damme In Wild Freestyle Rap (From ET Canada. 2 December 2016, 2:26 PM, PST)
- VFX Oscar Shortlist: ‘The Jungle Book,’ ‘Rogue One’ and ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ Make the Cut (From Indiewire. 2 December 2016, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Oscars: ‘Rogue One,’ ‘Suicide Squad,’ ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Advance in Visual Effects Race (From Variety - Film News. 2 December 2016, 10:51 AM, PST)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Remote Controlled: Craig Zadan and Neil Meron on Reinventing ‘Hairspray’ (From Variety - TV News. 2 December 2016, 6:07 PM, PST)
- Hairspray Live! Soundtrack: 6 Biggest Surprises From the NBC Cast Recording (From TVLine.com. 2 December 2016, 3:10 PM, PST)
- You Can’t Stop This Beat — See the Cast of Hairspray Live! in New Featurette (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2016, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Gilmore Girls: Why the Leads in the Stars Hollow Musical Look So Familiar (From BuzzSugar. 28 November 2016, 1:10 PM, PST)
- Let's Face It: The Worst Part of the Gilmore Girls Revival Is the Godawful Musical (From BuzzSugar. 28 November 2016, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life: The 'Summer' of Their Discontent (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2016, 4:04 AM, PST)