There is a lot of excitement surrounding Smash’s nomination at the Golden Globes. ”Everyone who is involved with Smash, whether on the outskirts or at the epicenter, is thrilled and dancing in the aisles this morning on this wonderful news,” Steven Spielberg, executive producer of the show, said in a statement.
Smash songwriters and executive producers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman were especially thrilled. The pair were on their way to upstate New York — “to write another 200 songs for Smash,” jokes Wittman — this morning when their phones began buzzing.
“Me — being Jewish — I just assumed, ‘Uh oh. There’s some bad news. »
- Sandra Gonzalez
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Watch Steven Spielberg’s Long-Lost First Ever Feature-Length Directing Job ‘L.A. 2017’ (From The Playlist. 24 April 2017, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- Fox sets new dates for Avatar sequels, The Predator, Red Sparrow and more (From HeyUGuys. 24 April 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hanks continues to make interesting choices (From Hollywoodnews.com. 24 April 2017, 4:32 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- “Triangle Below Canada”: On Opening Night, the Tribeca Film Festival Marches North (From Filmmaker Magazine. 22 April 2017, 1:18 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca 2017: Ten Notable Fest Selections (From Screen Anarchy. 21 April 2017)
- Slideshow: Opening Night of the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival (From HollywoodChicago.com. 20 April 2017, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: Gravitas Ventures Picks Up ‘Elian,’ Magnolia Buys ‘Leaning Into the Wind’ and More (From Indiewire. 14 April 2017, 6:35 AM, PDT)
- Weekly Update for April 7: Women Centric, Directed, and Written Films Playing Near You (From Women and Hollywood. 7 April 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Theresa Rebeck Opens Up About Being Fired from “Smash” (From Women and Hollywood. 3 April 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)