After a few missteps, Britney Spears is officially back in the running for the title of queen of pop. The songstress is this year’s highest-earning woman in the music industry, according to Forbes.
The pop star earned $58 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks to her Femme Fatale platinum album and tour, as well as side endorsements and a fragrance line.
Spears barely edged out Taylor Swift, who reeled in $57 million. The breakup queen’s financial success can be attributed to her recent tour, which grossed over $1 million per night. Like Spears, she also banked on endorsements with CoverGirl and Sony. »
- Maane Khatchatourian
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- Maleficent Poster: Angelina Jolie Manages to Look Dangerous and Alluring at the Same Time (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: Lena Dunham makes naked ploy for laughs -- Vote (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 March 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga set to deliver keynote address at SXSW (From RealBollywood. 9 March 2014, 10:31 PM, PDT)
- Style 180! Taylor Swift and Lorde Go From Catholic School Girls to Goth Goddesses (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- 2014's Highest-Paid Musicians: How Much Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake and More Stars Are Making! (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Tops Billboard's 2014 Money Makers (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
Michael Jackson (I)
- Michael Jackson's Alleged Son --You Can't Get Mj's Money (From TMZ. 10 March 2014, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Is Mj's dad 'real father of singer's alleged love child' (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 3:03 AM, PST)
- Akon --Waste Deep in Michael Jackson DNA Stunt (From TMZ. 8 March 2014, 12:35 AM, PST)