After a few missteps, Britney Spears is officially back in the running for the title of queen of pop. The songstress is this year’s highest-earning woman in the music industry, according to Forbes.
The pop star earned $58 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks to her Femme Fatale platinum album and tour, as well as side endorsements and a fragrance line.
Spears barely edged out Taylor Swift, who reeled in $57 million. The breakup queen’s financial success can be attributed to her recent tour, which grossed over $1 million per night. Like Spears, she also banked on endorsements with CoverGirl and Sony. »
- Maane Khatchatourian
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- Michael Douglas Dazzles As Liberace (From Huffington Post. 22 May 2013, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Michael Douglas, Matt Damon dramatize steamy showbiz affair (From Cineplex. 22 May 2013, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Look: Lady Gaga's Heels Make Us Nervous (From Huffington Post. 21 May 2013, 1:35 PM, PDT)
Michael Jackson (I)
- Janet Jackson Is Now a Billionaire (From Us Weekly. 23 May 2013, 3:51 AM, PDT)
- Joe Jackson -- Wade Robson Is Getting Paid To Lie (From TMZ. 23 May 2013, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Insurers 'feared' Mj had cancer and other diseases (From RealBollywood. 22 May 2013, 11:41 PM, PDT)
- Selena Gomez doesn't care if Taylor Swift doesn't like Justin Bieber (From Pop2it. 23 May 2013, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- 2013 MuchMusic Nominations: Taylor Swift Vs. Harry Styles & More (From HollywoodLife. 23 May 2013, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson Reportedly Held Kristen Stewart's Infidelity "Over Her Head" (From Popsugar. 23 May 2013, 7:24 AM, PDT)