Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
It's that time of year again… the awards season. They've been dribbling along for a couple of weeks now, with the likes of the National Board of Review and the La Film Critics Association dishing out their gongs.
But with the Oscars hovering in the far distance like some desert mirage, things have finally got serious. The Golden Globes are the first awards of serious substance to declare their nominations, and one or two things have clicked into focus. First, after a lean spell with Tintin and War Horse, Steven Spielberg has roared back into awards favour: Lincoln leads the Globes field by a significant distance, and is on course to replicate the effect at the Academy awards.
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence Changes to Plunging Silver Gown for 2015 Met Gala After-Party—See Her Sexy Second Look! (From E! Online. 5 May 2015, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Singer Announces X-men: Days Of Future Past - The Rogue Cut Release Date (From ComicBookMovie. 5 May 2015, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside the Met Gala Afterparties! (From Popsugar. 5 May 2015, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- New to Blu-ray: Selma, Goodfellas, Lost River, and More (From Collider.com. 5 May 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Indiana Jones 5' Will be Made. Whenc Ummmm... (From Rope Of Silicon. 5 May 2015, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Kathleen Kennedy Says A New Indiana Jones Movie Is Coming, But Has No Idea When (From The Playlist. 5 May 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
Man of Steel (2013)
- ‘Avengers’ and the Age of CGI Overkill in Hollywood (From Variety - Film News. 4 May 2015, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Dear Movie Supervillains: Quit Trying to Destroy the Whole Planet (From Vulture. 4 May 2015, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Joss Whedon on why Avengers: Age of Ultron addresses the cost of destruction (From JoBlo. 4 May 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)