Trekkies around the world are desperate to see just where J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness, will take the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise. However, a lot more is being made of just who Kirk, Spock and all will be up against, with the villain being played by Brit Benedict Cumberbatch.
Most were expecting the iconic Khan (previously played by Ricardo Montalban in the best film in the franchise thus far), as the ‘baddie’ for the new adventure set in the far reaches of space. Earlier this year, many also brushed off Karl Urban’s ‘Gary Mitchell’ slip-up, pretty much straight way as a ‘misdirection’. However, the recent image that surfaced not long after the first impressive trailer came with the name ‘John Harrison’ tagged as Cumberbatch.
However, some are not so sure and believe Paramount Pictures are aiming to put fans off the scent! »
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsNoel Clarke
- Reece Shearsmith Fancies Doctor Who Villain Role (From Kasterborous. 6 March 2014, 11:11 AM, PST)
- Reece Shearsmith on Doctor Who: 'I'd love to be a baddie' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 5 March 2014, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Meet the cast of Legacy (From ScreenTerrier. 28 February 2014, 2:44 AM, PST)
- Hot TV Teaser: First 2 Minutes Of NBC’s ‘Believe’ (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2014, 5:43 PM, PST)
- Lost ‘Star Wars’ Short Film ‘Black Angel’ Releasing Soon (From Screen Rant. 5 March 2014, 9:13 PM, PST)
- What's Next for This Year's Big Oscar Winners (From Indiewire. 5 March 2014, 10:38 AM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- Revisiting Star Trek Tng: The Survivors (From Den of Geek. 6 March 2014, 11:19 PM, PST)
- Red Granite boards Paul Schrader’s ‘Dying of the Light’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2014, 8:08 PM, PST)
- The 25 best TV opening credit sequences of all-time (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 8:08 PM, PST)