Trekkies around the world are desperate to see just where J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness, will take the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise. However, a lot more is being made of just who Kirk, Spock and all will be up against, with the villain being played by Brit Benedict Cumberbatch.
Most were expecting the iconic Khan (previously played by Ricardo Montalban in the best film in the franchise thus far), as the ‘baddie’ for the new adventure set in the far reaches of space. Earlier this year, many also brushed off Karl Urban’s ‘Gary Mitchell’ slip-up, pretty much straight way as a ‘misdirection’. However, the recent image that surfaced not long after the first impressive trailer came with the name ‘John Harrison’ tagged as Cumberbatch.
However, some are not so sure and believe Paramount Pictures are aiming to put fans off the scent! »
- Craig Hunter
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- ‘Mission: Impossible 6′: Paramount Backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel (From Variety - Film News. 2 August 2015, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Comic Con Reaction! New Suicide Squad trailer! – Watch August’s Flickering Myth Movie Show (From Flickeringmyth. 2 August 2015, 1:12 AM, PDT)
- Best and Worst of 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation': Greatest 'Mission' ever? (From Hitfix. 1 August 2015, 9:20 PM, PDT)
- Kidulthood star Adam Deacon is found guilty of harassing Noel Clarke (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 July 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek: 27 geeky things about the Jj Abrams films (From Den of Geek. 25 June 2015, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- Legacy review – salty fun in schoolkids' nightclub caper (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 June 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
Paramount Pictures [us]
- Tom Cruise And Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation No. 1 At The Box Office With $56 Million (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 August 2015, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Here’s The First Zoolander 2 Teaser Trailer! (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 August 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- 5 Reasons Tom Cruise’s ‘Mission Impossible’ Went Rogue (From The Wrap. 2 August 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)