It has been a big week for 2013 sneak peeks and what a lot of people are talking about right now is Guillermo del Toro's robots versus monsters flick Pacific Rim. There is one unhappy camper out there, however, who is pushing to get some eyes on a project he created that bears a resemblance to Pacific Rim.
Dan Brereton (creator of "The Nocturnals") took to Facebook this morning to vent and inform his followers about "Giantkiller."
"I know quite a few of you have seen Giantkiller, and read it, but I'm a little glum about a certain giant-monster movie being promoted right now that bears a huge resemblance to my 1999 mini-series, coming along and hurting our existing screenplay for the movie adaptation of my kaijus-from-a-wormhole story," he writes.
Read more »
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Guillermo del Toro: ‘I try to tell you a story with eye-protein, not eye-candy’ (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 October 2015, 12:59 AM, PDT)
- Crimson Peak: how Guillermo del Toro sketched its visual style (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 October 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Houses of horror: a rambling, teetering, crumbling brief history of gothic cinema (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 October 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Pacific Rim (2013)
- Crimson Peak: 15 Reasons To Be Excited (From Obsessed with Film. 9 October 2015, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- DC's Dark Universe Getting Fast-Tracked Thanks to Producer Scott Rudin (From Cinelinx. 9 October 2015, 7:57 AM, PDT)
- Pacific Rim 2 director Guillermo del Toro teases more kaiju, more mecha and... something else? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 9 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)