My Dad would have loved this movie.
I thought of him often while watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, for he was the most enthusiastic Tolkien fan I will ever know. Before he passed away this October, Dad was looking forward to this movie as much as anyone, and without a hint of the cynicism many critics and fans have shown toward the project. He simply loved Middle Earth and adored spending time there, among the many wonderful characters, lands, and creatures Tolkien’s world has to offer, and would have relished the opportunity to immerse himself once more in Peter Jackson’s cinematic recreation of the realm.
For while the Lord of the Rings trilogy stands as one of the greatest films ever made for countless reasons, the flawless formation of cinema’s single most immersive fantasy landscape is arguably Jackson’s greatest accomplishment. The Lord of the Rings »
- Jonathan R. Lack
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- ‘Breathe’ Trailer: Andrew Garfield and Claire Foy Star in a True Story From Director Andy Serkis (From Slash Film. 19 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Visual Effects Society: The Top 70 VFX Films of All Time Include ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Blade Runner,’ and ‘Citizen Kane’ (From Indiewire. 12 September 2017, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Box Office Democracy: It (From Comicmix. 12 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Japanese Promo For Thor: Ragnarok Bigs Up Marvel’s New Space Buddies (From We Got This Covered. 21 September 2017, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Munn Claims Making a Cameo in 'Ocean's Eight' Came With a Cost (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ gets an 80s-themed trailer (From Blogomatic3000. 20 September 2017, 2:25 AM, PDT)
- Post-Production Has Officially Wrapped On Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 September 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Rian Johnson announces that Star Wars: The Last Jedi is complete (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Rumored Snoke/Leia Scene Won’t Take Place In Star Wars: The Last Jedi After All (From We Got This Covered. 22 September 2017, 5:25 AM, PDT)