Genre favorite Gillian Anderson, who won the hearts of sci-fi fans as Agent Scully for over a decade of "X Files" fun, is returning to television this year. NBC's upcoming drama "Hannibal," starring Mads Mikkelsen in the role made famous by Anthony Hopkins, has nabbed Anderson in a key role. She'll play Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier, Hannibal Lecter's therapist.
"Every therapist needs their own head examined and we are ecstatic that Gillian Anderson has chosen Hannibal to mark her return to American television after 10 years to portray Dr. Lecter's personal psychiatrist," executive producer Bryan Fuller tells EW. "Her intelligence and sophistication, not to mention her pedigree of ground-breaking TV, make her the perfect actress to match wits and psychological manipulations with one of the greatest villains of pop culture. I couldn't be more excited."
It's not Anderson's first brush with the iconic villain. Rumor has it, she was in the »
Similar News ItemsJulianne Moore
- Eight Comic-Con posters for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 6 July 2015, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review: 'Still Alice' (From CineVue. 6 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- New image from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 6 July 2015, 8:56 AM, PDT)
Anthony Hopkins (I)
- "Hannibal" Review & Recap: Season 3, Episode 5, "Contorno" (From Rope Of Silicon. 3 July 2015, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Is it time to start worrying about 'Hannibal' season 3? (From Hitfix. 2 July 2015, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 30 June 2015, 1:15 AM, PDT)
- Why Gay Movie Stars Are Staying Locked in the Closet (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Fuller Had Asked Jodie Foster to Direct Hannibal (From Vulture. 26 June 2015, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- How Gay Stars Have Come Out (From Popsugar. 26 June 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)