Genre favorite Gillian Anderson, who won the hearts of sci-fi fans as Agent Scully for over a decade of "X Files" fun, is returning to television this year. NBC's upcoming drama "Hannibal," starring Mads Mikkelsen in the role made famous by Anthony Hopkins, has nabbed Anderson in a key role. She'll play Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier, Hannibal Lecter's therapist.
"Every therapist needs their own head examined and we are ecstatic that Gillian Anderson has chosen Hannibal to mark her return to American television after 10 years to portray Dr. Lecter's personal psychiatrist," executive producer Bryan Fuller tells EW. "Her intelligence and sophistication, not to mention her pedigree of ground-breaking TV, make her the perfect actress to match wits and psychological manipulations with one of the greatest villains of pop culture. I couldn't be more excited."
It's not Anderson's first brush with the iconic villain. Rumor has it, she was in the »
Similar News ItemsJulianne Moore
- HitFix Quizzes 'Madonna' on Nph, Julianne Moore, and Oscars (From Hitfix. 27 January 2015, 12:07 PM, PST)
- Golden Globe Awards gets 2016 air date on NBC (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 January 2015, 11:40 AM, PST)
- For Your Consideration: The 6 Oscar Races That Are Still Actually Exciting (From Indiewire. 27 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
Anthony Hopkins (I)
- Watch: Trailer For ‘Kidnapping Mr Heineken’ With Anthony Hopkins & Sam Worthington (From The Hollywood News. 27 January 2015, 1:07 PM, PST)
- Sundance: Alchemy Buys Nicole Kidman’s ‘Strangerland’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 January 2015, 11:19 AM, PST)
- First Look at Ed Harris in HBO’s Westworld (From DailyDead. 26 January 2015, 11:11 AM, PST)
- 5 Ways Actors Over 50 Are Shaking Up Their Careers to Avoid the Johnny Depp Curse (From The Wrap. 26 January 2015, 3:01 PM, PST)
- Thn Interview: Jack O’Connell Discusses His Ee BAFTA Rising Star Nomination (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- The fantasist: The comic art of Woody Allen (From The Moving Arts Journal. 24 January 2015, 12:49 PM, PST)