Serena Williams hasn't commented on her friend and fellow tennis player Caroline Wozniacki's impersonation of her at last weekend's Roger Federer Tour in Sao Paolo, Brazil. But plenty of folks are doing the talking for her after video of the send-up surfaced online -- with some calling the prank racist.
The gag, which involved Wozniacki padding her skirt and top, didn't bring the 22-year-old Danish tennis player any luck in her match either, as she ultimately lost to Maria Sharapova.
"It was all in good fun as Serena is one of her closest friends on tour," Wozniacki's rep tells ABCNews.com.
But much like Twitter commenters, the ladies of "The View" were divided on whether the joke was racist or harmless.
"I know they are friends, but still, inside it does something to me, because we've been made fun of for so long for different parts of our bodies, »
Similar News ItemsSherri Shepherd
- ’30 Rock’s Tituss Burgess Joins Tina Fey & Robert Carlock’s NBC Series ‘Tooken’ (From Deadline TV. 1 March 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Kerry Washington's Baby Bump and a Whole Lotta Cleavage Hit NAACP Red Carpet (From TooFab. 23 February 2014, 8:10 AM, PST)
- 2014 NAACP Image Awads: Full winners list (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 22 February 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
"The View" (1997)
- Barack Obama: the Cool Dad president (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 March 2014, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Barbara Walters likes that 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo didn't say 'I love you' (From Pop2it. 11 March 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Meme: Anton Hysén Signed To Myrtle Beach Mutiny, Cardinal Dolan Uncomfortable With Civil Unions, Alec Mapa Is a Filthy “Baby Daddy” (From The Backlot. 10 March 2014, 4:36 AM, PDT)
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate President Obama: 'Our greatest conversations were off-camera' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 24 February 2014, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Locked Out After Six Mile Run Before President Barack Obama Interview: "I Didn't Even Get to Shower" (From E! Online. 24 February 2014, 11:57 AM, PST)
- Barbara Walters -- My Sex Toy Has a First Name ... (From TMZ. 17 February 2014, 8:58 AM, PST)