After all the cliches – sleezy hack, crusading attorney, tart with a heart – isn't it time showbiz tackled chemical engineering?
There isn't much to recommend the Broadway revival of Glengarry Glen Ross, which, despite a stellar cast including Al Pacino and Richard Schiff, is slow, thin, dated and delusional, thinking itself naughty for the swear words (lots of "fucks"; two or three c-words), when, across the street, Book of Mormon nightly wows audiences with the suggestion that God be penetrated in every orifice.
Still. I saw Glengarry last week with someone who works in sales, which made it somewhat more interesting.
Mamet's play documents the feral end of the sales spectrum – men flogging units of Florida timeshare – and is faithful enough to reality to provoke a complicated reaction from those who work somewhere in it: from recognition – "always be closing", the play's mantra, is "something every sales person lives by," said my friend – to dismay, »
- Emma Brockes
Similar News ItemsWoody Allen
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival Predictions: Ira Sachs’ Little Men (From ioncinema. 25 November 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Indiewire's 2015 Holiday Gift Guide: 13+ Goodies for the TV Nerd in Your Life (From Indiewire. 24 November 2015, 9:01 AM, PST)
- Indiewire's 2015 Holiday Gift Guide: 13+ Goodies for the TV Nerd in Your Life (From Indiewire Television. 24 November 2015, 9:01 AM, PST)
"The Good Wife" (2009)
- CBS 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 11/24/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 November 2015, 12:24 PM, PST)
- Why your TV show doesn't have to be a novel: In defense of the episode (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Sesame Street Gets HBO Debut Date, Updated Theme and Other Changes (From TVLine.com. 24 November 2015, 10:22 AM, PST)
Jurassic Park (1993)
- Win Inside Amy Shumer Season 3 on DVD (3 Winners) (From TheHDRoom. 24 November 2015, 7:40 PM, PST)
- TV Review: ‘Superstore’ (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- 9 Awesome Fan Theories About Avengers: Infinity War (From Obsessed with Film. 22 November 2015, 5:53 AM, PST)