"The Hunger Games" might not have been the top grossing or most acclaimed movie of the year, but it was the film that people cared about the most.
Google has released a list of its top trends for 2012, and "The Hunger Games" came out on top of the movies category. It makes sense, too: There was plenty of hype leading up to the March release of "The Hunger Games," with many positing that it could be the next "Twilight." It remains to be seen if the film series will have the same sort of staying power that "The Twilight Saga" did, but we'd argue that it has lived up to its expectations thus far.
We would have assumed that "The Avengers" would have placed higher on the list, but it actually was "Skyfall" that came in second in the top movie trends. Considering how successful that movie has been, it »
- Terri Schwartz
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- New Trailer for Ron Howard's 'In the Heart of the Sea' Is Now Online (From LatinoReview. 22 December 2014, 10:46 AM, PST)
- Two TV spots for Mortdecai starring Johnny Depp (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 8:34 AM, PST)
- 'Avengers 2' Toy Photos Offer a Better Look at Hulkbuster (From MovieWeb. 20 December 2014, 4:39 PM, PST)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Box Office Report: 'The Hobbit' Prevails While Bollywood Cracks the Top 10 (From Movies.com. 22 December 2014, 12:08 PM, PST)
- Box Office Report: 'The Hobbit' Prevails While Bollywood Cracks the Top Ten (From Movies.com. 22 December 2014, 12:08 PM, PST)
- Jena Malone Thinks Being Homeless Prepared Her For Acting (From Cinema Blend. 22 December 2014, 11:08 AM, PST)
Salman Khan (I)
- No surprise gift for Bhaijaan fans (From BollywoodHungama. 22 December 2014, 2:39 AM, PST)
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Pk’ Bests His ‘Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video) (From Deadline New York. 21 December 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Salman Khan bows out of last four episodes of Bigg Boss 8 (From BollywoodHungama. 20 December 2014, 4:12 AM, PST)