"Sesame Street" has moved from television to the web to offer families divorce kits online. The educational children's program has finally decided to tackle a tough topic for kids that the show failed at addressing in the early 90s.
Time reports on a video segment "Sesame Street" produced in 1992, called "D is For Divorce: Big Feelings on Sesame Street." Producers decided to pull the plug before airing the video after a disastrous focus group that made preschoolers cry and worry for their own families.
The new media kit, "Little Children, Big Challenges: Divorce," has been two years in the making. It includes a story book, a guide for parents, and a downloadable app. Featured is a 13-minute video segment, starring show favorite, fairy Abby Cadabby. In the video, viewers learn Abby's parents have been divorced for some time.
Sesame Workshop's vice president, Lynn Chwatsky, hopes Abby's involvement in the »
Similar News Items"Sesame Street" (1969)
- The Best Family-Friendly Shows on TV — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire. 25 July 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- The Best Family-Friendly Shows on TV — IndieWire Critics Survey (From Indiewire Television. 25 July 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Dax Shepard Wishes ‘Mother of Dragons’ Kristen Bell a Happy Birthday: See Their Sweet Exchange! (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 July 2017, 4:52 AM, PDT)
Little Children (2006)
- Amazon Studios strikes raft of first-look producer deals (From ScreenDaily. 2 May 2017, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- 'Leftovers' director Mimi Leder on the show's debt to the Aussie New Wave (From IF.com.au. 19 April 2017, 9:22 PM, PDT)
- Reshoots are underway on The Dark Tower movie (From Den of Geek. 9 March 2017, 6:56 AM, PST)
- A Furless Tickle Me Elmo Just Gave Me Nightmares for a Month (From TVovermind.com. 14 April 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan Accused of Animal Cruelty (From MovieWeb. 11 March 2016, 12:33 PM, PST)
- 10 amazing facts about Big Bird, from his new documentary (From Hitfix. 9 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)