"Sesame Street" has moved from television to the web to offer families divorce kits online. The educational children's program has finally decided to tackle a tough topic for kids that the show failed at addressing in the early 90s.
Time reports on a video segment "Sesame Street" produced in 1992, called "D is For Divorce: Big Feelings on Sesame Street." Producers decided to pull the plug before airing the video after a disastrous focus group that made preschoolers cry and worry for their own families.
The new media kit, "Little Children, Big Challenges: Divorce," has been two years in the making. It includes a story book, a guide for parents, and a downloadable app. Featured is a 13-minute video segment, starring show favorite, fairy Abby Cadabby. In the video, viewers learn Abby's parents have been divorced for some time.
Sesame Workshop's vice president, Lynn Chwatsky, hopes Abby's involvement in the »
Similar News Items"Sesame Street" (1969)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Kill Breed - A Look at the Many Species of Vampires (From Dread Central. 7 July 2014, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Endeavour Sneak Peek: Morse Goes Back to School (From TVLine.com. 1 July 2014, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- Meme: Last Kevin Clash Charges Dismissed, Lauren Conrad Abandons Own Bachelorette Party Due To Homophobia, Texas Gop Chairman Denounces Reparative Therapy (From The Backlot. 21 June 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sesame Street,’ ‘Ellen DeGeneres’ Lead Daytime Emmy Creative Arts Winners (Full List) (From Variety - TV News. 21 June 2014, 3:48 AM, PDT)
- ‘Sesame Street’ Puppeteer Kevin Clash Has Final Sexual Battery Charge Dismissed (From The Wrap. 20 June 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
Little Children (2006)
- Birthday Gallery: Patrick Wilson Turns 41 (From The Backlot. 3 July 2014, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- HBO serves up 'The Leftovers' for 2015 Emmys (From Gold Derby. 30 June 2014, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- HBO Serves ‘Leftovers’ on Yahoo for Free (From Variety - TV News. 30 June 2014, 12:41 PM, PDT)