The new season of "American Idol" doesn't premiere until January 16 (8 p.m. Est on Fox), but the publicity machine has been working overtime to hype the arrival of new judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and (to a lesser extent) Keith Urban.
Carey and Minaj have been at the center of a well-publicized feud since judging began, with some speculating that the rivalry is little more than a publicity stunt. Regardless of the motivations behind the duo's supposed animosity, some Fox affiliates are already capitalizing on the relationship.
Australian network Ten has dedicated an entire commercial to highlighting Carey and Minaj's bickering, and we're certain that other channels will soon follow suit. Check out Ten's Mariah vs. Nicki ad below. (Apologies for the poor quality, we're searching for a better version.)
"American Idol" premieres Wed., Jan. 16 at 8 p.m. Est on Fox.
Will you watch the new "American Idol"? Do you »
- Laura Prudom
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah' (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 July 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Jason Derulo On Zac Efron's "Wiggle," Jordin & His Competition With Karmin! (From TooFab. 30 July 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets 'Rock the Kasbah' Cast Photo as Shooting Wraps (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Katy Perry creates a visual feast with 'This Is How We Do' video (From Hitfix. 31 July 2014, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's Bel Air Mansion Sold - How Much Did They Get? (From National Ledger. 28 July 2014, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey -- Buyer Backs Out -- Anybody Want A $13M Mansion? (From TMZ. 28 July 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- SpongeBob SquarePants Experiences 3D for First Time in ‘Sponge Out of Water’ Movie Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 31 July 2014, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Her Confidence Problem (From PEOPLE.com. 30 July 2014, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- Ariana Grande on the Cover of Seventeen (From iCelebz. 30 July 2014, 12:50 AM, PDT)