"Ian McKellen has prostate cancer." It's a story that was widely reported by a range of outlets from Perez Hilton to USA Today, but the actor's agent says it's just not so.
"No, he does not have prostate cancer ... That was taken out of context and from an interview from years ago," says Andrews.
McKellen's reps in the UK also confirm the story "was taken out of context," but there has been no further explanation.
The Sun quoted McKellen as having said, "It's like when you go for an HIV test -- you go 'Argh, is this the end of the road?' You monitor it and you have to be careful it doesn't spread."
The story credits »
Similar News ItemsPerez Hilton
- Most Likely To Die Review (From We Got This Covered. 23 May 2016, 8:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘Another Period’ Renewed for Season 3 at Comedy Central (From Variety - TV News. 23 May 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Perez Hilton Talks Most Likely to Die and How He’d Like to Be Remembered (From Dread Central. 13 May 2016, 1:10 PM, PDT)
ABC News [us]
- People Predicts Who Will Win Dancing with the Stars Season 22 (From PEOPLE.com. 24 May 2016, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- People's List: ABC Announces June Debut for Pop Culture Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 May 2016, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- Jeanne Parr, CBS Reporter and Chris Noth’s Mother, Dies at 92 (From The Wrap. 24 May 2016, 3:17 PM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- MGM Revenue Drops 15% in Q1 as ‘Spectre’ Fades (From Variety - Film News. 11 May 2016, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Ang Lee Reveals Secrets of ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 15 April 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- MTV Movie Awards: Will Daisy Ridley ('Star Wars') or Jennifer Lawrence ('Hunger Games') be first woman to win Best Hero? (From Gold Derby. 18 March 2016, 9:44 AM, PDT)