"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hunger Games" have more in common than may first meet the eye: themes of hunger (those hobbits and their second breakfasts!), adventure and, of course, grave danger.
And, let's face it, it wouldn't necessarily be a tragedy to combine the two franchises. At the very least, it would ease the burden on theater seats — the two-hour-plus run-times of both films must not be the kindest to those old spring-loaded chairs.
With that in mind, the clever editors at Flashback present the trailer for "The Hobbit Games": what would happen if The Shire was just another district in Panem. The hobbits are in it for the food, the elves could give Katniss a run for her money in an archery contest and Gandalf makes for a lovely Effie Trinket stand-in, wigs included.
Check out the trailer, embedded below and on YouTube. And, as »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- New teaser lands for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (From Den of Geek. 9 July 2014, 10:17 PM, PDT)
- Third ‘Divergent’ Movie ‘Allegiant’ Recruits ‘Maze Runner’ Writer (From Screen Rant. 9 July 2014, 7:36 PM, PDT)
- New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 1' Teaser Has Surfaced (From LatinoReview. 9 July 2014, 6:17 PM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- First TV Spot Takes Us Into the Storm (From Dread Central. 7 July 2014, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- First TV Spot for 'Into the Storm' (From LatinoReview. 7 July 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Powerful 4th Of July Spot For Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (From ComicBookMovie. 3 July 2014, 11:46 AM, PDT)