"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hunger Games" have more in common than may first meet the eye: themes of hunger (those hobbits and their second breakfasts!), adventure and, of course, grave danger.
And, let's face it, it wouldn't necessarily be a tragedy to combine the two franchises. At the very least, it would ease the burden on theater seats — the two-hour-plus run-times of both films must not be the kindest to those old spring-loaded chairs.
With that in mind, the clever editors at Flashback present the trailer for "The Hobbit Games": what would happen if The Shire was just another district in Panem. The hobbits are in it for the food, the elves could give Katniss a run for her money in an archery contest and Gandalf makes for a lovely Effie Trinket stand-in, wigs included.
Check out the trailer, embedded below and on YouTube. And, as »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- 'Fantastic Four' Moves Back As 'Assassin's Creed' Falls Off Release Calendar (From The Playlist. 18 September 2014, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- The Maze Runner Review (From Collider.com. 18 September 2014, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Digital Audience Ratings: ‘Mockingjay’ Massacres Competition, While ‘Wick’ Wins Trending (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Is James Cameron Prepping To Film Avatar Sequels In 4K 3D? (From We Got This Covered. 16 September 2014, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron To Film ‘Avatar’ Sequels At 120fps? (From The Hollywood News. 16 September 2014, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- James Cameron May Shoot 'Avatar' Sequels at 120 Fps (From MovieWeb. 15 September 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)