"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hunger Games" have more in common than may first meet the eye: themes of hunger (those hobbits and their second breakfasts!), adventure and, of course, grave danger.
And, let's face it, it wouldn't necessarily be a tragedy to combine the two franchises. At the very least, it would ease the burden on theater seats — the two-hour-plus run-times of both films must not be the kindest to those old spring-loaded chairs.
With that in mind, the clever editors at Flashback present the trailer for "The Hobbit Games": what would happen if The Shire was just another district in Panem. The hobbits are in it for the food, the elves could give Katniss a run for her money in an archery contest and Gandalf makes for a lovely Effie Trinket stand-in, wigs included.
Check out the trailer, embedded below and on YouTube. And, as »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- Lionsgate to invest in 25+ British films (From ScreenDaily. 5 May 2015, 2:49 AM, PDT)
- Sela Ward to play The President in Independence Day 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 4 May 2015, 11:26 PM, PDT)
- Independence Day 2 casts its Us president: Sela Ward will lead earth against aliens (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 May 2015, 12:54 PM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Surprise: 'Age of Ultron' doesn't come close to setting the opening weekend record (From Hitfix. 3 May 2015, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Ang Lee's Next Movie Will Use an Even Higher Frame Rate than 'The Hobbit' (From Movies.com. 23 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Furious 7 Box Office Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide in Record Time (From Collider.com. 17 April 2015, 2:40 PM, PDT)