"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hunger Games" have more in common than may first meet the eye: themes of hunger (those hobbits and their second breakfasts!), adventure and, of course, grave danger.
And, let's face it, it wouldn't necessarily be a tragedy to combine the two franchises. At the very least, it would ease the burden on theater seats — the two-hour-plus run-times of both films must not be the kindest to those old spring-loaded chairs.
With that in mind, the clever editors at Flashback present the trailer for "The Hobbit Games": what would happen if The Shire was just another district in Panem. The hobbits are in it for the food, the elves could give Katniss a run for her money in an archery contest and Gandalf makes for a lovely Effie Trinket stand-in, wigs included.
Check out the trailer, embedded below and on YouTube. And, as »
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- Review — Go North Sends Teens Into an Uncertain Apocalypse (From FilmSchoolRejects. 18 January 2017, 8:27 PM, PST)
- Ocean’s Eight adds Richard Armitage, Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner to cameo (From Flickeringmyth. 17 January 2017, 2:42 PM, PST)
- ‘Roger Corman’s Death Race 2050′ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 17 January 2017, 8:01 AM, PST)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Soars Past $400 Million Worldwide (From We Got This Covered. 23 December 2016, 10:46 AM, PST)
- ‘Rogue One’ Dominates Foreign Box Office With $135.5 Million Debut (From Variety - Film News. 18 December 2016, 1:33 PM, PST)
- Rogue One Scores $290.5M at Worldwide Box Office (From MovieWeb. 18 December 2016, 12:40 PM, PST)