"Les Misérables" is shaping up to be one of the biggest film events in recent memory. Thanks to an amazing cast that includes Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe, an Oscar-winning director in Tom Hooper and the public's abiding love for the classic Broadway musical it's based on, "Les Misérables" seems poised to be a major power at both the box office and at the Oscars.
But what if we told you that back in 1998, another acclaimed director put together an even more impressive cast for an adaptation of "Les Misérables" — one that has been almost completely forgotten?
Yes, it's true. So why don't more people know about the 1998 adaptation of "Les Misérables"? What was that film all about? And what is the new "Les Misérables" doing differently to ensure it meets more success than its unjustly overlooked predecessor? Read on, as we tell you all about The Other "Les Misérables. »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Fox CEO on the possibility of rebooting Wolverine and Logan’s Oscar chances (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 2:09 AM, PDT)
- Update: Matthew Vaughn wanted to make a young Wolverine movie before X-Men: Days of Future Past (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Louder Together: A Global Citizen Documentary; New York To Mumbai (From Look to the Stars. 22 September 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- World of Children Awards 2017 Announces Honorees (From Look to the Stars. 22 September 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Munn Claims Making a Cameo in 'Ocean's Eight' Came With a Cost (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 September 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Taking The 'High' Road: The Best Stoned Celebrity Confessions Ever (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2017, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- 20th Anniversary Edition of L.A. Confidential Arrives on Blu-Ray & DVD (From Horror News. 24 September 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Mipcom: SundanceTV Global Takes 'Romper Stomper' Series for Asia, Europe, Latin America (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 20 September 2017, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- Mipcom: SundanceTV Global Takes 'Romper Stomper' Series for Asia, Europe, Latin America (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 20 September 2017, 2:20 AM, PDT)