The film tells the inside story of the hunt for Osama bin Laden, and deals with a number of touchy subjects along the way. Chief among them is the no-holds-barred look at torture -- or "enhanced interrogation methods" -- which has offended some. In fact, some critics have even gone as far as to say the movie is pro-torture, which is a stance Bigelow seeks to clarify.
"They were difficult to shoot, those sequences," Bigelow explains of the torture scenes early in the film. "I wish it was not part of our history, but it was."
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Valene Kane playing Jyn Erso’s mother in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 26 September 2016, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Lucasfilm releases final part of Go Rogue stop-motion animated series for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (From Flickeringmyth. 26 September 2016, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- FX series Taboo starring Tom Hardy releases new trailer (From JoBlo. 23 September 2016, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Presidential Debate 2016: Hollywood Reacts to Trump and Hillary (From Indiewire Television. 26 September 2016, 6:08 PM, PDT)
- Presidential Debate 2016: Hollywood Reacts to Trump and Hillary (From Indiewire. 26 September 2016, 6:08 PM, PDT)
- Why you should watch the movies of director Jc Chandor (From Den of Geek. 23 September 2016, 9:24 AM, PDT)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- Greg Shapiro to head production at Im Global (From ScreenDaily. 26 September 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Oscar-Winning Producer Greg Shapiro Joins Im Global as President of Feature Film Production (From The Wrap. 26 September 2016, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hurt Locker’ Producer Greg Shapiro Joins IM Global as Production President (From Variety - Film News. 26 September 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)