"Dallas" will bid an on-screen farewell to J.R. Ewing following the death of Larry Hagman.
The show begins its second season on TNT Jan. 28, giving viewers a chance to see Hagman's final performances of his most famous character. He died Nov. 23 at age 81 after filming several episodes of the show's upcoming season.
TVLine reports that J.R.'s funeral will take place during the season's eighth episode, which is set to air in March. It will likely include appearances by a number of characters from the first "Dallas," possibly including some who haven't yet popped up on TNT's revival.
Hagman was one of three stars of the first "Dallas," along with Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray, to join the new version last season. He was clearly having a blast reprising the evil J.R., to the point that he and his fellow veterans often upstaged the second-generation characters.
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Con Air's Simon West to direct remake of The Blob (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 January 2015, 2:55 AM, PST)
- Simon West Directing A New Blob Remake (From EmpireOnline. 22 January 2015, 4:02 PM, PST)
- The Blob Remake Is Happening, With The Expendables 2 Director Simon West At The Helm (From We Got This Covered. 22 January 2015, 8:56 AM, PST)
Linda Gray (I)
- 'Dallas' Canceled By TNT After 3 Seasons (From Uinterview. 5 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Dallas Cancelled by TNT After Third Season Finale (From TheHDRoom. 4 October 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Dallas (2012) (From TVSeriesFinale. 3 October 2014, 8:35 PM, PDT)
Patrick Duffy (I)
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of Step by Step (From TVovermind.com. 30 January 2015, 7:18 AM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Joss Whedon vs. HD Buffy, Better Call Saul Poster and More (From TVLine.com. 15 December 2014, 12:22 PM, PST)
- Social Media Campaign Launched for Dallas (From Boomtron. 7 October 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)