It's been a difficult year for Peter Krause, who plays Adam on NBC's "Parenthood" (Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Est). The actor has had to fight cancer both on screen with the series' most emotional Season 4 storyline, Adam's wife Kristina (Monica Potter) battling cancer, and off screen with his father and mother's simultaneous battle with the disease.
Krause opened up to HuffPost TV via phone about his personal connections to cancer, the fear of loss and finding the humor in the most difficult times. He also assures "Parenthood" fans that what looks like a harrowing Christmas episode this week is "uplifting ... in the end."
What was your reaction when you found out about the cancer storyline for Season 4?
It put a big lump in my throat. I lost my dad to cancer in February and my mom was diagnosed with cancer in December so she's been undergoing chemotherapy. So it's been »
- Jaimie Etkin
Similar News ItemsDax Shepard
- Percy Daggs III confirmed for 'Veronica Mars' movie - Will reprise Wallace Fennel role (From Pop2it. 7 June 2013, 10:26 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Bell Shares Backstage Breast Pumping Beauty Routine (From HollywoodLife. 6 June 2013, 6:36 AM, PDT)
- Kristen Bell Debuts Post-Baby Body, Breast Pump at Cmt Music Awards (From Us Weekly. 6 June 2013, 2:49 AM, PDT)
"Six Feet Under" (2001)
- The End Is Near for Showtime’s ‘Dexter’ (From Variety - TV News. 17 June 2013, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- New True Blood Trailer Teases Upcoming Season 6 Episodes (From DailyDead. 17 June 2013, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- Photos and Videos from Tonight’s True Blood Season 6 Premiere (From DailyDead. 16 June 2013, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Ray Romano Could Come Back To 'Parenthood' (From Huffington Post. 17 June 2013, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Hopeful: Matthew Rhys - 'The Americans' (From Entertainment Tonight. 17 June 2013, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Parenthood Ep David Hudgins on Hank's Status and a New Path for Sarah that Will 'Let Her Shine' (From TVLine.com. 15 June 2013, 7:00 AM, PDT)