"Sesame Street" might be full of "sunny days" and "friendly neighbors," but that hasn't stopped the people behind the beloved kids show from tackling dark and often difficult topics -- like divorce -- head-on.
On Tuesday, Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit that operates "Sesame Street," launched "Little Children, Big Challenges: Divorce" -- a set of free resources offered online for families coping with divorce. The tools are designed to help kids between the ages of 2 and 8 deal with and understand their parents' divorces, and help parents talk about divorce with their children in an age-appropriate way.
As part of the initiative, a 13-minute segment will appear online that features popular puppets such as Elmo and Abby Cadabby (see above for a short clip). The segment will not air on TV.
In one scene, Abby Cadabby sits down with friends Elmo and Rosita to draw pictures of their homes. Abby Cadabby draws »
- Kelsey Borresen
Similar News Items"Sesame Street" (1969)
- Patrick J. Adams Joins “Orphan Black” and Megan Mullally Joins “Sean Saves the World” (From The Backlot. 11 December 2013, 4:28 AM, PST)
- Sr Geek Picks: Sesame Street Parodies ‘Lord of the Rings,’ Famous Anchormen on Ron Burgundy, & More (From Screen Rant. 10 December 2013, 3:13 PM, PST)
- Sesame Street Spoofs Lord of the Rings (From PEOPLE.com. 10 December 2013, 10:55 AM, PST)
Little Children (2006)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 8 December 2013, 1:07 PM, PST)
- Imogen Poots Joins Todd Field’s ‘Beautiful Ruins’ (From The Hollywood News. 15 November 2013, 11:49 PM, PST)
- Casting Net: Javier Bardem may play another villain in 'Pan,' more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 15 November 2013, 6:10 PM, PST)
Sesame Workshop [us]
- NBCUniversal Acquires Full Ownership of Kids' Channel Sprout (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 November 2013, 12:32 PM, PST)
- 'Suburgatory' creator scores a new ABC pilot; Mark Burnett wants to take you to space (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 8 October 2013, 3:47 PM, PDT)
- Elmo, Cookie Monster for new CBeebies show 'The Furchester' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 7 October 2013, 1:26 AM, PDT)