As another movie year comes to a close, it's time to look back at the biggest film-related stories of 2012 and take stock of all the highs and lows. And while there certainly were some major movie highs this year — from acclaimed period pieces to crowd-pleasing blockbusters to surprise comedy hits — frankly, we're more than happy for 2012 to be over.
That's because, as cool as the action was on screen, the headlines being made off-screen were often sad, disappointing or downright terrifying to think about. So let's look back at the year that was — and hope that 2013 is a whole hell of a lot more fun.
15. Johnny Depp Crashes and Burns
For the last decade or so, Johnny Depp has pretty much been the biggest star in the world. But in 2012, Depp's smooth sailing came to an abrupt end. First came the release of "Dark Shadows," which surprisingly bombed at the box office in May. »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- Exclusive: Robert Pattinson and Fka Twigs Have a Hot and Heavy Date Night (From Popsugar. 19 December 2014, 6:18 PM, PST)
- George Takei petitions against all-white casting choices for Akira adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson considers buying London property for girlfriend Fka Twigs (From National Ledger. 18 December 2014, 10:27 AM, PST)
Kristen Stewart (I)
- Robert Pattinson Gal Pal Dylan Penn Sizzles in Hot New Photos (See!) (From TheImproper.com. 17 December 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Olivier Assayas’ ‘Sils Maria’ Wins Louis Delluc Prize (From Variety - Film News. 16 December 2014, 11:23 AM, PST)
- 'Sils Maria' Wins France’s Louis Delluc Critics' Prize (From The Hollywood Reporter. 15 December 2014, 2:02 AM, PST)
- Video: Re-evaluating Top Gun – A Different Opinion On Tom Cruise In The 1986 Classic (From The Hollywood News. 16 December 2014, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Why You're Wrong about Top Gun - Maverick Was a Phony (From GeekTyrant. 16 December 2014, 10:09 AM, PST)
- Video: Why You’re Wrong About ‘Top Gun’ (From Slash Film. 16 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)