As another movie year comes to a close, it's time to look back at the biggest film-related stories of 2012 and take stock of all the highs and lows. And while there certainly were some major movie highs this year — from acclaimed period pieces to crowd-pleasing blockbusters to surprise comedy hits — frankly, we're more than happy for 2012 to be over.
That's because, as cool as the action was on screen, the headlines being made off-screen were often sad, disappointing or downright terrifying to think about. So let's look back at the year that was — and hope that 2013 is a whole hell of a lot more fun.
15. Johnny Depp Crashes and Burns
For the last decade or so, Johnny Depp has pretty much been the biggest star in the world. But in 2012, Depp's smooth sailing came to an abrupt end. First came the release of "Dark Shadows," which surprisingly bombed at the box office in May. »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and other stars’ strange paths to fame (From Flickeringmyth. 27 October 2016, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Sherlock Holmes 3 lands a writers’ room (From Den of Geek. 27 October 2016, 10:14 PM, PDT)
- Inferno (2016) – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 October 2016, 5:48 PM, PDT)
Kristen Stewart (I)
- Check out the stunning new trailer for Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk with Joe Alwyn & Kristen Stewart (From HeyUGuys. 28 October 2016, 4:22 AM, PDT)
- Certain Women – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 October 2016, 11:54 PM, PDT)
- Here’s the new trailer for Ang Lee’s ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 October 2016, 11:11 PM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson’s ‘Good Time’ Acquired by A24 (From The Wrap. 27 October 2016, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’ (From Deadline. 27 October 2016, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- A24 Buys Robert Pattinson’s Crime Drama ‘Good Time’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 October 2016, 2:22 PM, PDT)