I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- 10 Films That Were Secretly Remade (From Obsessed with Film. 30 August 2014, 3:20 AM, PDT)
- Close Up: Man Bites Dog – Controversy & Censorship (From HeyUGuys. 29 August 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Midnight Madness 2014: Toronto Film Festival's Spirit Lives On (From Moviefone. 28 August 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' DVD and Blu-ray Releases November 11 (From MovieWeb. 29 August 2014, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher? (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 29 August 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Kathy Bates shares a wonderful story about why we all miss Robin Williams (From Hitfix. 26 August 2014, 12:47 AM, PDT)
- 5 Silliest Gambling Scenes in Movie History (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2014, 10:30 PM, PDT)
- Kathy Bates wanted to dedicate her Emmy to Robin Williams (From EW.com - Inside TV. 25 August 2014, 8:20 PM, PDT)