I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Tom Hiddleston Cast in King Kong Movie Follow-Up Skull Island (From E! Online. 17 September 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in King Kong Prequel, Skull Island (From Worst Previews. 16 September 2014, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- You Have to See to Believe This Insane Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Tapestry Photo (From E! Online. 16 September 2014, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- Duncan Jones Could Direct AMC's Preacher Adaptation (From GeekTyrant. 16 September 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Shekhar Kapur Will Chair 2014 Capri, Hollywood International Film Fest (From Scott Feinberg. 16 September 2014, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- New Hobbit 3,Battle Of Five Armies Movie Banner Shows Almost Everyone In Action (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- First Britannia honourees unveiled (From ScreenDaily. 18 September 2014, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr., Emma Watson Among Britannia Awards Honorees (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Britannia Awards to Honor Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo and Mike Leigh (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)