I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon headline the trailer for Devil's Knot (From JoBlo. 10 March 2014, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- 9 things we learned from The Hunger Games Catching Fire DVD extras (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 March 2014, 6:41 AM, PDT)
- Set Visit: The Russo Brothers bring gritty action to 'Captain America 2' (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 'The World is Round, People!' But Can It Spin a Little Differently? (From FilmExperience. 11 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Linkpourri (From FilmExperience. 11 March 2014, 8:03 AM, PDT)
- Miptv: Amy Poehler to Join Comedy Central Speaking Panel (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 March 2014, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- Premature Oscar Predictions: The 2015 Best Actress Contenders (From The Playlist. 11 March 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- The Olivier Awards 2014 Nominations Announced (From The Hollywood News. 10 March 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- U.K.'s Olivier Awards: Jude Law, Judi Dench, Tom Hiddleston Among Nominees (From The Hollywood Reporter. 10 March 2014, 4:51 AM, PDT)