I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Former A-Film exec reveals struggles at Benelux distributor (From ScreenDaily. 5 October 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Ray Harryhausen: Master of Illusion (From SoundOnSight. 5 October 2015, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- Kate Winslet's 8 Best Performances (From Indiewire. 5 October 2015, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- ‘Suffragette’ Writer Didn’t Set Out to Make a Feminist Film (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 6:42 PM, PDT)
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Fonda, Blanchett, Lionel Richie & Oscars For Sale To The Highest Bidder (From Deadline. 6 October 2015, 5:22 PM, PDT)
- Cate Blanchett on Truth, Quentin Tarantino, and Her Very Big Year (From Vulture. 6 October 2015, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Jane Fonda Makes the Most of Limited Screen Time in ‘Youth’, Hopes to Join Past Supporting Actress Noms with Short Performances (From Scott Feinberg. 5 October 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- 7 craziest rumours about Star Wars The Force Awakens: Is Darth Vader back from the dead? (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 September 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan: 'I never thought of James Bond as a sexist' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 September 2015, 9:20 AM, PDT)