I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- See the Lord of the Rings trilogy on Sky Movies (From Sky Movies. 5 December 2013, 7:30 AM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein and Warner Bros in Hobbit legal showdown (From The Guardian - Film News. 5 December 2013, 6:11 AM, PST)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Production Diary 13 (From Filmonic. 5 December 2013, 5:33 AM, PST)
- Matt Atchity (Rotten Tomatoes) predicts 'Saving Mr. Banks' will win Best Picture Oscar (From Gold Derby. 5 December 2013, 3:33 AM, PST)
- Gotham Independent Film Award Winners (From The Hollywood News. 4 December 2013, 5:14 PM, PST)
- Video Interviews With The Cast And Crew Of The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (From ComicBookMovie. 4 December 2013, 2:47 PM, PST)
- Satellite Award Nominees (From The Hollywood News. 4 December 2013, 2:37 PM, PST)
- For Your Consideration: 10 Overlooked Actresses Who Deserve Some Awards Season Attention (From The Playlist. 4 December 2013, 12:05 PM, PST)
- Legendary Miyazaki's Last Movie Wins NY Film Critics Award - But Is It a 2013 Release? (From Alt Film Guide. 3 December 2013, 3:32 PM, PST)