I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Sir Ian McKellen Calls Out Taylor Swift for Evicting Him and Not Letting Him Be in Her Squad (From E! Online. 1 September 2015, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- FrightFest 2015: 'Deathgasm' review (From CineVue. 31 August 2015, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Deathgasm review [FrightFest 2015]: “A cult classic in the making” (From The Hollywood News. 30 August 2015, 2:28 AM, PDT)
- Australian avalanche at Toronto International Film Festival (From IF.com.au. 1 September 2015, 5:49 PM, PDT)
- BFI London Film Festival 2015 Line-Up announced with Gala screenings of Steve Jobs, High-Rise, Trumbo, Black Mass, Carol & Suffragette (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- BFI London Film Festival unveils full line-up with ‘Steve Jobs’ closing (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig just got very honest about James Bond: 'It's not a good look' (From Hitfix. 1 September 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Cate Blanchett to get BFI Fellowship (From The Guardian - Film News. 27 August 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Rehearsals begin for Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company Garrick Plays (From The Hollywood News. 26 August 2015, 2:18 AM, PDT)