I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Peter Jackson to produce film based on Mortal Engines books (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 October 2016, 2:02 AM, PDT)
- Peter Jackson’s next project is to build Mortal Engines, Christian Rivers to direct (From HeyUGuys. 25 October 2016, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Peter Jackson’s next project will be Mortal Engines (From Den of Geek. 24 October 2016, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- Smooth Criminals! Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett Spotted on Set of All-Female Reboot Ocean’s Eight (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- ‘How to Train Your Dragon 3,’ Margot Robbie’s ‘Larrikins’ Officially Move to Universal (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 4:56 PM, PDT)
- Thor: Ragnarok Fan-Made Trailer Will Get Marvel Fans Excited (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2016, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Josh Gad boards Murder on the Orient Express (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2016, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Josh Gad Climbs Aboard Murder On The Orient Express Remake (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Josh Gad hops aboard Murder On The Orient Express (From The AV Club. 20 October 2016, 8:02 PM, PDT)