I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than watch The Hobbit. Haven't we put Peter Jackson's six-hour Crayola still-lifes behind us yet? These movies look like Lisa Frank folders come to life, and if Peter's not going to include magenta unicorns and rainbow clouds in his adventures, he doesn't care about anyone having a good time.
Meanwhile his star Cate Blanchett, which is Latin for "cheekbones of corundum," is a damn treasure. I want her in everything: movies, TV shows, flash mobs, yo' face, etc. And if I'm going to spend my holiday season with Cate Blanchett, I'm going to do it via Notes on a Scandal, the perfect camp trifle. Do you like illicit affairs, scheming lesbians, and bastardly quotes? Then you should really read up on Lillian Hellman. Oh, and watch this week's Best. Movie. Ever! selection.
Here are five dandy reasons Notes on a Scandal »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Check Out Synopses for 2018 Universal Films ‘Jurassic World 2’, ‘The Purge 4’, and More (From Collider.com. 20 October 2017, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- Crowdfund This: Frank & Zed, Puppet Horror For The Masses (From Screen Anarchy. 20 October 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Tony Jopia talks ‘Cute Little Buggers’ (From Blogomatic3000. 20 October 2017, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- The Grandmaster finds a new contender in clip from Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2017, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Thor: Ragnarok May Be Marvel's Funniest Movie Since Guardians of the Galaxy, According to Early Reviews (From E! Online. 21 October 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- How Cate Blanchett Got ‘Properly Fit for the First Time’ Thanks to Chris Hemsworth’s Trainer: ‘It Was Horrendous’ (From PEOPLE.com. 20 October 2017, 5:53 PM, PDT)
Benicio Del Toro
- Early box office tracking suggests Star Wars: The Last Jedi will have second biggest opening weekend in history (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Meet Admiral Holdo in Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Josh Brolin discusses his experience on Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War, compares the film to The Godfather (From Flickeringmyth. 20 October 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)