Update: Good news! It turns out Ian McKellen doesn't have cancer, after all.
"He does not have prostate cancer … That was taken out of context and from an interview from years ago," the actor's agent Chris Andrews told ABCNews.com.
As the wizard Gandalf in "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings," Sir Ian McKellen has battled some of the deadliest foes imaginable on the big screen, from the Balrog to Smaug to Sauron himself. But in real life, McKellen is waging and even more important battle, as the beloved actor revealed yesterday that he has prostate cancer.
"I've had it for six or seven years. When you have got it you monitor it and you have to be careful it doesn't spread," McKellen said according to Yahoo! Movies. "But if it is contained in the prostate it's no big deal. Many, many men die from it but »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsIan McKellen
- Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans and Henry Cavill To Start In Drama Sand Castle (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 October 2015, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- 5 movies you need to see this October: James Bond returns in Spectre (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 October 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- The Evil Dumb: 5 Villains Who Sabotaged Their Own Stupid Plans (From Cinelinx. 27 September 2015, 5:18 PM, PDT)
The Lord of the Rings (1978)
- Sean Bean: Every Death Ranked From Worst To Best (From Obsessed with Film. 8 October 2015, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- Ralph Bakshi’s Animated Film ‘Last Days of Coney Island’ to Be Released on Vimeo (From Variety - Film News. 8 October 2015, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- The Diary of a Teenage Girl star Bel Powley to headline Wildling (From Flickeringmyth. 6 October 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
How Do You Know (2010)
- Round-Up: Trick ’R Treat Graphic Novel, Lavalantula Release Details, The Society Of Blood Excerpt, Crazy Bitches (From DailyDead. 6 October 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Why Is 'Prometheus 2' Now Titled 'Alien: Paradise Lost'? (From MovieWeb. 25 September 2015, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Interview with the cast & creators of new musical, Kinky Boots (From The Hollywood News. 21 September 2015, 8:55 AM, PDT)