Update: Good news! It turns out Ian McKellen doesn't have cancer, after all.
"He does not have prostate cancer … That was taken out of context and from an interview from years ago," the actor's agent Chris Andrews told ABCNews.com.
As the wizard Gandalf in "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings," Sir Ian McKellen has battled some of the deadliest foes imaginable on the big screen, from the Balrog to Smaug to Sauron himself. But in real life, McKellen is waging and even more important battle, as the beloved actor revealed yesterday that he has prostate cancer.
"I've had it for six or seven years. When you have got it you monitor it and you have to be careful it doesn't spread," McKellen said according to Yahoo! Movies. "But if it is contained in the prostate it's no big deal. Many, many men die from it but »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsIan McKellen
- Cannes: Animated 'Animal Crackers' Selling Around the World (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 18 May 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Robin Wright, Isabelle Huppert and Salma Hayek Set for Women in Motion Talks in Cannes (From Variety - Film News. 17 May 2017, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- TrustNordisk boards 'Hamlet Revenant' with Ian McKellen and Gabriel Byrne (From ScreenDaily. 17 May 2017, 5:09 AM, PDT)
The Lord of the Rings (1978)
- The little known fairy stories of J R R Tolkien (From Den of Geek. 25 May 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Dark Universe Trailer Announces Universal's Rebooted Monsters Franchise (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- Universal Pictures Announces Dark Universe Franchise, Confirms Casting, Reveals Bride Of Frankenstein as Next Film (From DailyDead. 22 May 2017, 10:24 AM, PDT)
How Do You Know (2010)
- Adrian Peterson Puts House On The Market, Goodbye Minnesota! (From TMZ. 19 May 2017, 12:20 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Proves Nice Guys Finish First as He Receives Walk of Fame Star (From Variety - Film News. 21 April 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Line Of Duty series 4, and the clues hiding in series 1 (From Den of Geek. 18 April 2017, 8:22 AM, PDT)