Update: Good news! It turns out Ian McKellen doesn't have cancer, after all.
"He does not have prostate cancer … That was taken out of context and from an interview from years ago," the actor's agent Chris Andrews told ABCNews.com.
As the wizard Gandalf in "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings," Sir Ian McKellen has battled some of the deadliest foes imaginable on the big screen, from the Balrog to Smaug to Sauron himself. But in real life, McKellen is waging and even more important battle, as the beloved actor revealed yesterday that he has prostate cancer.
"I've had it for six or seven years. When you have got it you monitor it and you have to be careful it doesn't spread," McKellen said according to Yahoo! Movies. "But if it is contained in the prostate it's no big deal. Many, many men die from it but »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsIan McKellen
- Double, double, toil and trouble! These new Macbeth posters featuring Michael Fassbender are spooky (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 August 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Mr. Holmes and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. – Geek Girl Navigating the World (From Boomtron. 27 August 2015, 5:16 AM, PDT)
- 'The Hobbit' Trilogy Extended Edition Trailer Has New Footage (From MovieWeb. 26 August 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
The Lord of the Rings (1978)
- Darth Vader fire burner video goes viral on Facebook with over 12 million views (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 August 2015, 4:39 AM, PDT)
- 'Hobbit' Trilogy Extended Edition Comes to Theaters This October (From MovieWeb. 26 August 2015, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- These 10 ambitious movies pushed their filmmakers to invent new technology (From Hitfix. 25 August 2015, 4:15 PM, PDT)
How Do You Know (2010)
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the 'Chopped' Cook-Off? (From BuddyTV. 17 August 2015, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Tracy Austin’s favourite TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 June 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Big Brother Simon Gross interview: 'Chloe would be a worthy winner' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 June 2015, 6:05 AM, PDT)