We don’t hear from our Renesmee Cullen too often but not too long ago, First News managed to speak to Mackenzie Foy about her ‘Breaking Dawn’ experience. In this insightful interview, Mackenzie speaks about her auditioning process, her favourite scenes, the challenges she faced being an actor and a student and what she did during her spare time.
How did you audition for the film?
It was just like a regular audition. You learn your lines, you go over it a couple more times, then you go in and you do your thing and you come out, wait and see if you’ve got a call-back and then, if you do, you do the whole thing over again. And then you just wait and see if you got it or not.
Where were you when you heard you got the role?
I was in Hawaii! I’d just gone down to the pool when they called me and I was like: “Hello?” and they said: “You’ve got the part in Twilight!” And I was like, “What?” “You’ve got the part in the Twilight movie.” And I went: “I got it?” And I was so excited I wanted to sing and jump, but I was in a hotel and had to be quiet because there were people near me. I wanted to tell all my friends and tell all my family, but I had to keep it a secret for a while and I couldn’t talk about it. It was like Christmas.
Did you go out to celebrate?
I had to go to bed early that night but we did celebrate. My mum and me went out to the courtyard and had gram crackers and a banana. It was lovely.
What was your favourite scene to film?
It would probably be riding Jacob wolf. It was my first stunt and I got to wear a harness, and to work with the stunt co-ordinator, which was really fun.
What were you actually riding?
Well it wasn’t a real wolf! It was like one of those mechanical bulls, but with its head cut off and it’s just the centre, and it is covered in fur, to make it look like Jacob wolf’s body. Then I sit on it and ride it and it moves up and down and side and side to side. It was really cool. It was surrounded by green screen and I had a fan to make my hair blow back. It was fun.
Was wearing the harness uncomfortable?
I thought it was fun, but it did pinch a little. And it was kind of bulky. It was an adult harness so they wrapped it around my waist a bunch of times. I was walking a bit like a penguin!
What was it like juggling school and filming?
I had a teacher while I was there, but I am home-schooled anyway, so that made it a whole lot easier. I just shipped all my books there and used my mum’s computer and I did it all from there.
Do you want to carry on acting as you grow up?
Oh yes! I want to be acting until the day I die!
What do you get up to when you aren’t acting or doing your school work?
I do Taekwondo and sometimes I paint. I am a junior black belt. Taylor Lautner and I talked a little about that on set — we had a push up competition, but he got called to set so we never found out who won!
Read the full interview at First News. »
Similar News ItemsTaylor Lautner
- The Essential Films & TV to Stream This Week – August 26th 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 26 August 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Cuckoo: why swapping one star for another doesn't always work (From The Guardian - TV News. 21 August 2014, 2:37 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Facts: 27 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the Grammy-Winner (From Moviefone. 15 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- New Extended Interstellar IMAX TV Spot (From ComicBookMovie. 26 August 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Interstellar: New Extended IMAX TV Spot (From ComicBookMovie. 25 August 2014, 12:57 AM, PDT)
- Hear the Music In the New Trailer For the Romance Drama The Song (From ShockYa. 19 August 2014, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- More Footage From Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" (From SneakPeek. 27 August 2014, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan's Interstellar Unveils IMAX TV Spot (From Worst Previews. 26 August 2014, 6:59 PM, PDT)
- Interstellar TV Spot Repurposes Old Trailer Footage to Remind You That This Movie Will Probably Be Good (From Collider.com. 26 August 2014, 2:56 PM, PDT)