It must have been so hard to keep it a secret for that long. We’ve struggled not to tell all our friends over the past week..
Um sort of, yeah. I’ve had to be really vague. People have asked what my favourite scene is, and I wanted to say ‘pulling Jamie Campbell Bower’s head apart’ – but I couldn’t.
What did you think when you first read it in the script – had you read the books before?
Yeah, I knew the books inside out – it was hilarious because I’d be the go-to person on set when people wanted to ask something about the books and Stephenie [Meyer] wasn’t around. So what did you think when you read the twist, what did you think? I thought it was an absolutely brilliant – a brilliant solution. I think cinematically when you adapt a book you have to be prepared to make certain changes, and being able to see the full on fight, it just added to the epic feel. I think without that it would have been a bit wet.
Yes, it was a good way of adding some action without angering millions of twilight fans…
Exactly – and the solution to that scene was created by Stephenie and the writers. They went for a dinner and said, ‘right what shall we do’? So really it was a solution which came from the source. I think that added to its validation.
What was it like joining the Twilight cast – obviously they’ve been working together for quite a while, so were they welcoming?
Oh very. Very welcoming. Also, because there were a lot of new characters in this film, all the newbies arrived at the same time – I think that made it less daunting for all of us new guys, and we bonded over the fact that we were all apprehensive and nervous!
Was there anyone who was a bit of a prankster?
What kind of pranks did they play?
Guri, Noel and Christian Camargo [Eleazar] would just be naughty boys messing about all the time, they’d always have some kind of game or prank going on. Have you heard of this go fuck yourself game?
No but it sounds fun..
I can’t even remember how exactly it started, but Noel and Guri would tell each other to ‘go fuck yourself’ and Christian would get involve, and they’d all – it was the kind of thing they just said to each other.
Was the last day of filming emotional?
Yeah it was – most of us wrapped when we were doing a scene from the wedding. All the old established characters were there with us, as well as Anna Kendrick and all the school kids and it was just… we were filming in this beautiful woodland area, fairy lights everywhere – and then it was a wrap, and six months of my life, of me, done.
It must have been sad…
Yeah, more so for Stephenie, Kristen and Rob. I mean for Stephenie it’s much more than five years, and for everyone who’s been involved in the film five years is a long time. All of a sudden you’re not coming back, part of your future is not secure, that routine is gone. It’s mixed emotions, because on the one hand you end up feeling quite excited that it’s over because you want people to see it, but on the other hand you will miss everyone.
If you could have a vampire power, what would you choose?
I really like the thing that all vampires have, which is the ability to just move so fast and so gracefully just because I think how amazing would that be? In terms of having a power, I think Bella’s power is great. You can protect everyone you love from harm.
So finally how has it felt to have been a part of something so massive?
Oh it’s been amazing. So humbling too, because obviously it’s become such a huge international phenomenon – and also because it’s been an opportunity to work with so may incredible people in our industry. I just feel incredibly lucky.
Check out the full interview at Sugar Scape . »
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Twilight: Robert Pattinson leaves door open to another film (From Den of Geek. 20 April 2017, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Beauty and the Beast director in talks for Bride of Frankenstein (From Flickeringmyth. 15 April 2017, 3:55 AM, PDT)
- Beauty and the Beast director looks at Bride Of Frankenstein (From The Hollywood News. 14 April 2017, 12:42 AM, PDT)
Anna Kendrick (I)
- Wedding Week: Big Q, Easy A: Wedding Dress Codes and What They All Really Mean (From PEOPLE.com. 18 April 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- The Full Cast of Pitch Perfect 3 (From BuzzSugar. 14 April 2017, 5:55 AM, PDT)
- Death to All Vampires: The Evolution of Kristen Stewart (From FilmSchoolRejects. 10 April 2017, 2:01 PM, PDT)
Lee Pace (I)
- What Guardians of the Galaxy Would Look Like as a DC Movie (From MovieWeb. 24 April 2017, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Dynamic Duos Unite in New Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Posters (From MovieWeb. 11 April 2017, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Colin Trevorrow’s The Book of Henry gets a new poster (From Flickeringmyth. 6 April 2017, 7:30 PM, PDT)