The Oscars are a little over two months away, and with so many fantastic films released throughout this year, the anticipation surrounding the announcement of the nominations next month is running on high.
So far, we’ve had the shortlists for the Best Animated Feature, the Best Visual Effects, and the Best Documentary categories.
Now the Academy has announced the list of 104 films that are eligible in the Best Original Score category, and it’s going to be very interesting to see what makes the final cut come nominations time next month.
I think Hans Zimmer’s score for The Dark Knight Rises is, hopefully, a lock, because it is amazing. I also loved James Horner’s score for The Amazing Spider-Man, but can’t decide whether or not I think it will earn a nomination.
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Tom Hiddleston named first BFI Ambassador (From ScreenDaily. 6 October 2015, 9:27 AM, PDT)
- Why Loki was cut from Avengers: Age Of Ultron (From Den of Geek. 6 October 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks "Disparity" Between Her Salary and Iron Man Costar Robert Downey Jr.'s: "It's S---ty" (From Us Weekly. 6 October 2015, 7:33 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- New trailer for Martin Scorsese’s HBO show Vinyl (From Flickeringmyth. 7 October 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Deadpool's score is being written by Mad Max: Fury Road's Junkie Xl (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 5 October 2015, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- Batman V Superman Composer Junkie Xl To Score Deadpool (From We Got This Covered. 5 October 2015, 7:41 AM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- Watch the Adorable Moment a 14-Year-Old Found Out She Was Cast as Disney's Next Princess (From Movies.com. 7 October 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- The Final Trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 (From Filmonic. 7 October 2015, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate UK Teams with Amazon, Odeon on ‘Hunger Games’ Preview (From Variety - Film News. 7 October 2015, 2:59 AM, PDT)