Here’s what we know: Star Trek Into Darkness has a villain, and he is played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Because this new-timeline Star Trek is taking place along a timeline parallel to the one we know from the original TV series, there is of course a possibility that we will be seeing familiar villains.
The popular theory is that Cumberbatch’s character is Khan, as in The Wrath Of. Runner up is Gary Mitchell – Tos fans, remember him, played by Gary Lockwood? His eyes turned silver and he dated Hot Lips Houlihan Sally Kellerman?
Well, we now have a name for Cumberbatch’s character, and it’s neither of those, at least according to Paramount. They have released the following screen cap from the movie:
and identified Benedict Cumberbatch‘s character as “John Harrison.” Nope, not a name from the original series. But that doesn’t mean he couldn’t have a secret identity. »
- Erin Willard
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Chris Pine in Talks to Join Wonder Woman (From Cinelinx. 28 May 2015, 6:35 AM, PDT)
- Do You Want to Work in a ‘Star Trek’ Enterprise Office or Drink in the ‘Breaking Bad’ Rv? (From Slash Film. 28 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pine set to play Wonder Woman's boyfriend, Steve (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 May 2015, 4:35 AM, PDT)
- Henry Cavill pulls out of ‘Stratton’ (From ScreenDaily. 28 May 2015, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Man Up review: Simon Pegg and Lake Bell's rom-com is a winner (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 May 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg writes a love letter to London and promises a reunion with Edgar Wright (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 May 2015, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Tilda Swinton is The Ancient One in Marvel's Doctor Strange (From Worst Previews. 28 May 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Tilda Swinton to join Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange?’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 May 2015, 11:35 PM, PDT)
- Marvel's Doctor Strange adding Tilda Swinton to cast (From Den of Geek. 27 May 2015, 10:38 PM, PDT)