There are many patterns in Quentin Tarantino’s body of work, from obsessive shots of female feet to obscure pop culture references.
One of the director’s most noticeable trends across his seven films to date, however, from 1992’s Reservoir Dogs to 2009’s Inglorious Basterds, is his knack for casting actors who’ve been lacking in success and recognition for many years, bringing them back to the forefront of public attention. Such a tactic resurrected the career of John Travolta, who had all but faded into obscurity when Tarantino cast him in the role of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, but who has remained a regular fixture on cinema screens to this day since.
The director’s latest film, Django Unchained, scheduled for release on Christmas Day, shows no sign of breaking the trend, with its cast including names of yesteryear such as The Warriors’ James Remar and Miami Vice »
- Alex Antliff
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Johnny Depp Admits He Wasn't Always Nice to Leonardo DiCaprio (From PEOPLE.com. 6 February 2016)
- Lionsgate International to start Efm sales on 'Hood' (From ScreenDaily. 5 February 2016, 10:07 PM, PST)
- Oscars 2016: What Is Going on With the Best Director Race? (From Moviefone. 5 February 2016, 3:15 PM, PST)
Samuel L. Jackson
- First Look of Deepika in xXx (From Bollyspice. 5 February 2016, 7:10 PM, PST)
- Movie News: Vin Diesel Strips Down for 'xXx' Photo; Scarlett Johansson's 'Ghost in the Shell' Nabs Villain (From Movies.com. 5 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- New to Streaming: ‘Steve Jobs,’ ‘Bridge of Spies,’ ‘Spotlight,’ ‘Arabian Nights,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 5 February 2016, 9:13 AM, PST)
- The Weird Way Kurt Russell Affected Jennifer Jason Leigh During The Hateful Eight (From Cinema Blend. 5 February 2016, 5:51 PM, PST)
- The Weird Way Kurt Russell Effected Jennifer Jason Leigh During The Hateful Eight (From Cinema Blend. 5 February 2016, 5:51 PM, PST)
- Kurt Russell Destroyed a Priceless Antique While Shooting 'The Hateful Eight' (From MovieWeb. 5 February 2016, 3:19 PM, PST)