The point of contention is the following comment attributed to Borlenghi and posted on a La Times blog in response to an article about Workman's accusations that Winter was involved in an unlawful sexual relationship with an 18-year-old:
"This is a total falsehood. The mother is grasping and clawing to find a way not to lose her money-maker, and hide the fact that she is an abusive monster. Having spent time with her, and seeing the way she acted adoringly towards the boy, these accusations are disgusting, just as she is."
Workman isn't so happy with the "abusive monster" part of that. Hence the lawsuit.
Borlenghi told the Associated Press: "All I can say is that David (Gray) and Shanelle Gray are very close friends of mine »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Sofia, Emma & More -- See This Week's Best Dressed Stars! (From TooFab. 30 August 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Modern Family Adds Anders, Office Vet to B99 and More (From TVLine.com. 29 August 2014, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Ed Sheeran Draws Star-Studded Crowd to L.A. Show (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 August 2014, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- ‘Better Off Ted’ Star Andrea Anders Joins ‘Modern Family’ as Horrible Neighbor (From The Wrap. 29 August 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- It's Party Time! See All the Stars Let Loose After the Emmys (From Popsugar. 26 August 2014, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Variety and Women in Film Celebrate Emmy Nominees at Star-Studded Party (From Variety - TV News. 23 August 2014, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- 'Modern Family' Actress Ariel Winter Retains Sister As Legal Guardian (From Uinterview. 5 May 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter's Older Sister Granted Permanent Guardianship, Father Maintains Control of Modern Family Star's Finances (From E! Online. 5 May 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter: Settlement Reached in Guardianship Case of Modern Family Star (From PEOPLE.com. 5 May 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)