The point of contention is the following comment attributed to Borlenghi and posted on a La Times blog in response to an article about Workman's accusations that Winter was involved in an unlawful sexual relationship with an 18-year-old:
"This is a total falsehood. The mother is grasping and clawing to find a way not to lose her money-maker, and hide the fact that she is an abusive monster. Having spent time with her, and seeing the way she acted adoringly towards the boy, these accusations are disgusting, just as she is."
Workman isn't so happy with the "abusive monster" part of that. Hence the lawsuit.
Borlenghi told the Associated Press: "All I can say is that David (Gray) and Shanelle Gray are very close friends of mine »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Wednesday TV Show Ratings: MasterChef, Chicago Fire, Nashville, Modern Family (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 May 2013, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- TV Ratings Report: Season Finales Galore! (From TVfanatic. 23 May 2013, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- TV ratings: 'Criminal Minds' finale leads CBS to Wednesday victory, 'Nashville' up for ABC (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 23 May 2013, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- 'Modern Family' Season 4 finale: 'Goodnight, Gracie' ends with a Dunphy funeral (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 22 May 2013, 7:33 PM, PDT)
- Christina Milian’s Dramatic Hair Makeover — Love It? Vote (From HollywoodLife. 22 May 2013, 2:34 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter praises sister as 'amazing woman' (From Monsters and Critics. 17 May 2013, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter -- My Mother Is Dead to Me (From TMZ. 17 May 2013, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter: 'I Want to Be Like My Sister' (From PEOPLE.com. 17 May 2013, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter -- I Didn't Pay a Penny for My Sick New Home (From TMZ. 24 April 2013, 11:59 AM, PDT)