The point of contention is the following comment attributed to Borlenghi and posted on a La Times blog in response to an article about Workman's accusations that Winter was involved in an unlawful sexual relationship with an 18-year-old:
"This is a total falsehood. The mother is grasping and clawing to find a way not to lose her money-maker, and hide the fact that she is an abusive monster. Having spent time with her, and seeing the way she acted adoringly towards the boy, these accusations are disgusting, just as she is."
Workman isn't so happy with the "abusive monster" part of that. Hence the lawsuit.
Borlenghi told the Associated Press: "All I can say is that David (Gray) and Shanelle Gray are very close friends of mine »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 4/19/14] (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 April 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones, Fargo, Got Talent: What to watch over Easter (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 April 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Wednesday Ratings: Arrow, American Idol, Mixology, Survivor, The 100 (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 April 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- 'Modern Family' Creator Allegedly Uses Show Stationery to Help Free Ariel Winter (From TMZ. 3 April 2014, 3:54 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: 'Peabody and Sherman' pull ahead of '300' while 'Need for Speed' stalls (From Hitfix. 16 March 2014, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Hits No. 1 in Second Week (From Moviefone. 16 March 2014, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- Ed O’Neill Makes Inappropriate Mom Joke To Ariel Winter At SAG Awards (From HollywoodLife. 19 January 2014, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Ariel Winter grateful for her 'amazing family' after recent family drama (From Pop2it. 2 January 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)
- Ariel Winter Thanks "Spectacular Family" and Her "Amazing" Sister After a Year of Custody Drama (From E! Online. 2 January 2014, 4:04 PM, PST)