The point of contention is the following comment attributed to Borlenghi and posted on a La Times blog in response to an article about Workman's accusations that Winter was involved in an unlawful sexual relationship with an 18-year-old:
"This is a total falsehood. The mother is grasping and clawing to find a way not to lose her money-maker, and hide the fact that she is an abusive monster. Having spent time with her, and seeing the way she acted adoringly towards the boy, these accusations are disgusting, just as she is."
Workman isn't so happy with the "abusive monster" part of that. Hence the lawsuit.
Borlenghi told the Associated Press: "All I can say is that David (Gray) and Shanelle Gray are very close friends of mine »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Best of Late Night TV: Jay Leno Returns to 'Tonight,' Nina Dobrev's 'Pile High Club,' Lady Gaga's Favorite Shows (From Moviefone. 7 October 2015, 12:10 AM, PDT)
- Marvel’s Damage Control: TV pilot ordered for comic book comedy (From Den of Geek. 5 October 2015, 1:42 AM, PDT)
- Victoria Justice Keeps Things Cool and Sexy at Teen Vogue's Annual Soiree (From Popsugar. 3 October 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter Gushes Over Her Boyfriend, Admits She Feels ''Like a New Person'' Since Breast Reduction Surgery (From E! Online. 3 October 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter Reveals How She Fell for Her "Supportive and Wonderful" Boyfriend (From Us Weekly. 3 October 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- Julie Bowen -- Hell Yeah, I Talk Birds & Bees with My 'Modern Family' Kids (Video) (From TMZ. 30 September 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Hyland Gets Restraining Order Against Ex (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 September 2014, 3:24 PM, PDT)
- 'Modern Family' Actress Ariel Winter Retains Sister As Legal Guardian (From Uinterview. 5 May 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter's Older Sister Granted Permanent Guardianship, Father Maintains Control of Modern Family Star's Finances (From E! Online. 5 May 2014, 2:19 PM, PDT)