This hasn't been a good year for Ann Curry. Shortly after getting what might have been a dream job on "Today," the newswoman was unceremoniously dumped by NBC. Now, Mad Magazine has added amusing insult to ridiculous injury by naming Curry at position number 12 on its list of "America's Dumbest" for 2012.
Technically, of course, it's the situation surrounding Curry's dismissal from "Today" that's the actual winner of the "dumbest" award. The illustration for the Ann Curry entry has this caption:
"The NBC Brass in association with The Today Show, pitiful ratings and general dislike presents Anchor Canned: The Legendary Humiliation of Ann Curry -- Based on her awkwardly-empathetic interview style, uncomfortable silence provided by Matt Lauer and Al Roker."
If you don't know the full story surrounding NBC's hiring and quick firing of Curry from "Today," Mad is happy to provide its take on the situation:
"In June, Today Show »
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- New trailer for supernatural horror Personal Shopper starring Kristen Stewart (From Flickeringmyth. 30 September 2016, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- ‘It’s All Good’ Trailer: Fnd Films Makes Meta Crowdfunding Movie About Ripping Off Backers (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dekalog’ Interview With Krzysztof Kieślowski Is An Amazing Vintage Glimpse At The Making of The Epic Film — Watch (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Joe Biden Talks Ending Sexual Assault: 'Any Man Who Takes a Drunk Woman Up the Stairs in a Fraternity House Is a Damn Coward' (From PEOPLE.com. 30 September 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Parker Sawyers on playing Obama in Southside With You (From HeyUGuys. 30 September 2016, 8:35 AM, PDT)
- Second Opinion – Southside with You (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 30 September 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- John Cena ‘Would Love’ to Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 30 September 2016, 8:31 AM, PDT)
- Man in Superman Hoodie Says He Rushed Into Hoboken Terminal and Comforted Dying Mother in Her Final Moments (From PEOPLE.com. 30 September 2016, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- A Brief Guide to the Amanda Knox Legal Saga (From PEOPLE.com. 29 September 2016, 2:50 PM, PDT)